mIRC Homepage
Posted By: colt45 RSS - 28/04/22 12:02 PM
I've been trying to find a working RSS Script. I've found several scripts and bots but they seem to be not working or incompatible or blowing up tons of issues. - Is there a working standalone script for the current version of mIRC?
Appreciate any answers thanks.
Posted By: kap Re: RSS - 30/04/22 12:58 AM
I made one not too long ago that works under current mIRC, but I packaged it as an add-on for the Peace-and-Protection script. (Because I wanted to re-use some utility code in PnP - https://github.com/peace-and-protection) You'll find the add-on in the PnPAddons422 repository. While it may not answer your main question 100%, anyone is free to grab whatever code you need to make it work under standard / vanilla mIRC.

A few pictures:

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

N.B.:
1) It doesn't send to channel(s), only to a custom window in your mIRC;
2) It doesn't use dlls, but COM. I tested it to work under Win 10;
3) It only works with selectnodes rss/channel/item, meaning it won't work for the Atom standard. (Only RSS);
4) PnP uses option dbu for dialogs, which presents display issues on Windows with desktop scaling > 100%;
5) PnP is over 20 years old, but still runs a dream. Some ppl may yell at you for using it though!

Hope this helps smile
Posted By: colt45 Re: RSS - 30/04/22 11:55 AM
Originally Posted by kap

I'd really like to send it to a channel I'm on, as I run a small channel for myself and some of my friends to catch up game news in 1 channel rather than showing up only on my own window frown

I'll see if I can modify the code but I'm not that great at it but I'll see if I can get it to work just how I wanted.

Thanks
Posted By: kap Re: RSS - 02/05/22 09:50 AM
Originally Posted by colt45
I'd really like to send it to a channel I'm on, as I run a small channel for myself and some of my friends to catch up game news in 1 channel rather than showing up only on my own window frown

I'll see if I can modify the code but I'm not that great at it but I'll see if I can get it to work just how I wanted.

Thanks

I was reminded of entropy's RSS scraper ... While I don't have experience using it, it seems to do what you need, i.e.: sending feed to channel(s). At first glance the rss url is set to CNN, but you can alter that easily! Also it is a standalone snippet (it doesn't rely on PnP).

Edit / Addition:
Code seems to be catered for the CNN feed only. Whereas first I thought it could be easily amended, now I'm not so sure...
Posted By: TECO Re: RSS - 12/05/22 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by kap
I made one not too long ago that works under current mIRC, but I packaged it as an add-on for the Peace-and-Protection script. (Because I wanted to re-use some utility code in PnP - https://github.com/peace-and-protection) You'll find the add-on in the PnPAddons422 repository. While it may not answer your main question 100%, anyone is free to grab whatever code you need to make it work under standard / vanilla mIRC.

N.B.:
2) It doesn't use dlls, but COM. I tested it to work under Win 10;
3) It only works with selectnodes rss/channel/item, meaning it won't work for the Atom standard. (Only RSS);
4) PnP uses option dbu for dialogs, which presents display issues on Windows with desktop scaling > 100%;
5) PnP is over 20 years old, but still runs a dream. Some ppl may yell at you for using it though!

Hope this helps smile

Code incomplete. That's why I couldn't test it.
© mIRC Discussion Forums