mIRC Homepage
Hello,

Every time I open mirc the 'mIRC Options' window and 'mIRC Favorites' window pop up.

How can I hide both of them on startup?
uncheck > Pop up favorites on connect

open the mirc option dialog (ALT + O)
go to the tab Connect, there go to the tab Options

uncheck > Show connect at startup

This information can be found in the help file. (F1 in mirc)
Hello sparta,

Shame on me that I didn't find it in the help file.

Two small issues left.

1. Disabling the warning message (confirm exit) about open connections whilst closing mirc

2. Auto-joining a channel on startup.

mirc says it cannot join channel - I need to be verified with services. However, verification happens just after that by the following script that I use.

on *:connect: {
if ( $me != username ) {
ns ghost username password
nick username
ns identify password
}
if ( $me = username ) {
ns identify password
}
}

Put a timer on your join command so you have time to identify or (preferably) catch the notifications you receive from nickserv to identify and join respectively.
ALT + O (mirc option dialog)
Click on the tab Other, when you are there click on the Confirm button, make your options there.

You need to verify you are authed with nickserv befor you try join your channel..

Auth to nickserv, when nickserv answer you that you are verifyed, send your join command. I dont have time to write it out for you now, but later i can help you more if no one else helped you first.

; --- edit

Forgot, you should place a $network check befor you send password to nickserv, some networks dont use nickserv, so it can be a user you send it to, then your password is out there = no good, not if you using the same passwd for msn or facebook and so on.
Sorry, but I do not know how to set the timer.

Anyway, I think I can live with it to manually join the channel.

Thanks for your help! smile
/help /timer
© mIRC Discussion Forums