mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Chinshy change nick - 25/11/11 03:46 PM
is there a way on mirc to make it when my nick already taken and then he is on Alternative nick .. go to the main nick when its drop
Posted By: Masoud Re: change nick - 25/11/11 05:52 PM
Well, you can use ON UNOTIFY event to achieve this. First you need to add your main nickname to your notify list and then copy this to your script editor (Remotes section):

Code:
on *:Unotify:{
  if ($nick == $mnick) { .timer.cn 1 1 nick $nick }
}

This can be network specified or may have other conditions as you want, i just wrote this example to give the clue where to begin. However, in simple cases this would work without any problems.
Posted By: Chinshy Re: change nick - 25/11/11 06:21 PM
well hope if u can show me with examples

for example if my main nick is Chinshy

and the alternative nick is Chinshy[a]
Posted By: Masoud Re: change nick - 25/11/11 10:23 PM
I already did. In the code above, $nick points to the nickname that goes offline, and $mnick points to your main nickname. Since you have added your main nickname in your notify list, when it gone offline you will change your nickname to your main nickname automatically.
Posted By: Chinshy Re: change nick - 27/11/11 04:12 PM
it worked thanks smile
Posted By: argv0 Re: change nick - 27/11/11 05:23 PM
Note that this script has one drawback in that you can't intentionally change your nickname with /nick anymore, because each attempt will trigger ON UNOTIFY and return you to your main nick. If you want to be able to use /nick manually, you have to replace the script with the following minor modification:

Code:
on *:UNOTIFY:if (!%ignoreunotify && $nick == $mnick) nick $nick | unset %ignoreunotify
on *:NICK:if ($me == $nick && $nick == $mnick) { %ignoreunotify = $true }

This will watch for the ON NICK event (for your nick changing off of $mnick) and if seen, will ignore the next UNOTIFY event.
Posted By: Chinshy Re: change nick - 28/11/11 07:47 PM
yea was going to mention that issue smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums