mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Shippou Channal messages - 24/04/11 08:38 PM
Is it possible to make the little box pop up on the left instead of right?
Posted By: RusselB Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 01:18 AM
What little box are you talking about?
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 03:11 AM
Tooltips? They pop up above your system tray.
Posted By: Shippou Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 06:38 AM

Small box, right side. I want it on the left
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 10:10 AM
Tooltips only pop up on the right side, as do almost all tooltips in Windows. Unless you want to write a DLL to create your own tooltips or to move mIRC's tooltips, there isn't any way to move them.
Posted By: Shippou Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 10:28 AM
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Unless you want to write a DLL to create your own tooltips or to move mIRC's tooltips, there isn't any way to move them.

How do I do that?
Posted By: 5618 Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 12:56 PM
Tooltips only pop up on the right side, as do almost all tooltips in Windows.

The funny things is, his tray is on the left side (due to the Hebrew version) but the tip still shows on the right (instead of the left where I bet all Windows tooltips appear)...
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 05:37 PM
@Shippou: If you don't know how to write a DLL (using C++ or another language), then you would need to find someone willing to write something like that. I really don't have any idea how to go about it as I've never done anything like that.

@5618: Hm. I've never seen how other Windows language versions function. If they do put normal popups on the left for the Hebrew version, then I agree that mIRC should as well. Perhaps that can be a feature request.
Posted By: Shippou Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 05:54 PM
@Shippou: If you don't know how to write a DLL (using C++ or another language), then you would need to find someone willing to write something like that. I really don't have any idea how to go about it as I've never done anything like that.

@5618: Hm. I've never seen how other Windows language versions function. If they do put normal popups on the left for the Hebrew version, then I agree that mIRC should as well. Perhaps that can be a feature request.

So theres nothing I can do about it?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 06:09 PM
Other than trying to find someone who can write a DLL for you? Not at this time. You can put in a feature request on that forum if you want to see it possibly appear in a future version of mIRC.
Posted By: Shippou Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 07:56 PM
How do I do that?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Channal messages - 25/04/11 09:20 PM
Just post a request for it in the Feature Request forum the same way you posted your question here. Be as detailed as possible when posting so that Khaled has as much information as possible when he looks at the request.
© mIRC Discussion Forums