mIRC Homepage
Posted By: DutchWesley trying to make an quick text script - 22/04/11 11:54 AM
question guys, i wanna make an quick text script for mirc but howcome it dont work with kanji, or icons
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: trying to make an quick text script - 22/04/11 12:05 PM
It will work with Kanji if you're using UTF-8 instead of code pages. Icons and other graphics are not supported within a chat window, but can be used in dialogs or picture windows. DLLs may also allow you to add them to a chat window if you find one that allows that.
Posted By: DutchWesley Re: trying to make an quick text script - 22/04/11 02:20 PM
i wanted to add thins like this
http://www.image-upload.net/images/p3i55yezu2wbkyswvfv8.png
but all i get is "?" in chat
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: trying to make an quick text script - 22/04/11 04:26 PM
Then one of two things are happening. You either don't have a UTF-8 capable font on your computer, or else the text isn't in UTF-8.
Posted By: DutchWesley Re: trying to make an quick text script - 23/04/11 06:27 PM
well, i dont know but utf is display/encode for chat that is , it works fine there just not in the scripting
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: trying to make an quick text script - 23/04/11 11:54 PM
Not all fonts support UTF-8. In chat, there is font linking that can use other fonts to fill in gaps if your current font doesn't support something. In the script editor, that won't happen. Try changing your script editor font to something that supports UTF-8, such as Arial Unicode MS. I think FixedSys Excelsior also supports it if you want fixed width.
Posted By: DutchWesley Re: trying to make an quick text script - 24/04/11 05:48 PM
i dont have thos in there so i guess i dont have fonts of it
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: trying to make an quick text script - 24/04/11 06:28 PM
You can get some Unicode fonts online for free. Just use Google and search for "free Unicode fonts". You probably have some, but I can't list every font just to see which one(s) you have. laugh
© mIRC Discussion Forums