mIRC Homepage
Posted By: AnnaInVA updated v7.19 now says User Name Bad - 08/03/11 06:16 PM
under ServerEdit, address and name are greyed out
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: updated v7.19 now says User Name Bad - 08/03/11 07:43 PM
Someone else can verify this, but if I remember correctly, this change was put in in version 7.17. Name and email are not necessary to connect to a server. If you want to change those to not be grayed out, go to the identd settings and enable the option to use the email for identd.
Posted By: Wims Re: updated v7.19 now says User Name Bad - 08/03/11 11:01 PM
Quote:
If you want to change those to not be grayed out, go to the identd settings and enable the option to use the email for identd.
Not really, he needs to be disconnected from the current server to be able to change these parameters
Not sure what you mean by "ServerEdit". As far as I know, no IRC network/server checks the RealName.

If what you want is to edit the full name without disconnecting from the server, mIRC has long had the command /fullname [new fullname] and /emailaddr [new email address].

Warning: As Khaled states in his setup instructions, it is inadvisable to use your real name or real email address, as these can, indeed, be seen by the entire world, and you can count on hearing from each of them, their cousins, and their three cats and dogs.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: updated v7.19 now says User Name Bad - 09/03/11 11:18 AM
You're right. Once I was home and could test, I verified that. For some reason, I thought that was related.
© mIRC Discussion Forums