mIRC Homepage
Posted By: chaosRaine1234 Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 04:52 PM
Hey,
I upgraded my version or Mirc, and now i am missing the command key, anyone know how to get it back.

Example
File View Favorites Tools xxxx Window Help

The xxxxx should be the command key, but it is missing on my new version, so I can't join channel or change my nick without actually typing the commands.
Posted By: 5618 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 06:27 PM
Are your other popups working? E.g. when you right-click in a channel.

If you go to the Popups scripts editor (Alt+P) and go to View > Menubar then the commands for the "Commands" menu should be visible.
If not, try File > Load and load popups.ini
Posted By: chaosRaine1234 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 07:07 PM
I got the pop up working, i manually had to add them, but the command is still missing.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 07:11 PM
You have to go to the Popups tab (Alt-R > Popups) and use File > Load to load popups.ini into everything you find in the View menu.
Posted By: chaosRaine1234 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 07:12 PM
It is that actual button on the menubar that is missing, not the commands
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 07:12 PM
Yes. The menu is part of popups.ini. popups.ini needs to be loaded into all 5 locations in the View menu.
Posted By: chaosRaine1234 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 07:12 PM
sorry i replied before seeing oyur last post
Posted By: chaosRaine1234 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 07:14 PM
ok that worked, thank a lot, not sure why there were lost, all i did was an upgrade, no hard shut downs or anything, just upgraded to the newest version.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Missing Menu Keys or tabs. - 23/12/10 07:24 PM
Some people have had issues with the popups.ini file not loading in the past few versions. I'm not really sure what is causing that problem. One of the recent versions had a fix for that, but apparently it's still giving people problems. Since it hasn't happened to me, I can't really do anything to test it.
© mIRC Discussion Forums