mIRC Homepage
Okay,
First of all I would like to state the I am a complete noob with all of this. Anyways, recently I downloading and installed mIRC version 6.03. THe icon appears. When I click on the icon though to bring it up, nothing happens. There is a little hourglass by the cursor meaning that its trying to come up, but then after a few seconds, the hourglass goes away and nothing happpens. I did double click, I also uninstalled and the installed many times and I keep getting the same problem. I do not have any scripts. Please, some body help confused
Posted By: rogue Re: Quick Question..Please Help...Im desperate - 27/04/03 06:44 PM
Sounds like there might be a segfault on startup. This can be confirmed by looking at your application log ([Drive]:\[WINDOWS]\system32\config\AppEvent.Evt) via the Event Viewer in Administrative Tools.

Only thing I can suggest is looking at the running tasks (Ctrl-Alt-Del -> Processes) to see if a broken copy might still be running.
I have no clue what that means. I am sorry, but I only have a limited knowledge with computers so can you please explain in my terms. Thanks
Posted By: rogue Re: Quick Question..Please Help...Im desperate - 27/04/03 09:25 PM
Sorry about that. smile With out more information I couldn't really speculate as to what's happening... If you're running Windows XP, one thing you might try is looking in the Process tab of the Task Manager (hold down Ctrl-Alt-Del at the same time) to see if a broken copy of mIRC is currently running, and then ending the process if it is. A hard reboot (shutting down the computer) will do the same.

There are also other IRC clients you might have better luck with, like Klient and xChat.
When you install, be sure you dont have other things running, (including antivirus programs) that could create probs during the install. I would try uninstalling mIRC thru windows, then get a new download from here and install it just in case the prob was a bad download.
© mIRC Discussion Forums