mIRC Homepage
Just wondering how I can give voice (+v) to any user who joins my channel. Sorry if this has been covered already, I just don't have the time to search through threads.

/help /avoice
on *:JOIN:#: voice # $nick

i think. lol.
It's "mode # +v $nick" - and a good way to flood yourself off in case of many join events, e.g. after a netsplit laugh
mIRC's autovoice feature will reduce this risk (in address boock > tab "control" > "voice" > add the #channel and a wildmask like *!*@*, and check "random delay op/voice")

However, network services may do it for you if your network features "ChanServ":
Try "/msg chanserv help levels". If you get a reply, have a look at "/msg chanserv help levels desc". If you find "autovoice" in the list of levels, set it to "0", via "/msg chanserv levels #yourchannel set autovoice 0".
Actually, I got it set up..
on *:JOIN:*: {
.mode $chan +v $nick
}
and if you want it to have a greet:
on *:JOIN:*: {
.msg $chan Hello, $nick [This does not have to be the exact words]
.mode $chan +v $nick
}
If it's a channel,
on *:JOIN:#MyChannel: {
.mode $chan +v $nick
}
And same as the Message one but with #MyChannel (Or whatever your channel name is.) in it.

I hope this helped. :]
You can use the mIRC default op/voice service . just have a look into the address book (ALT + B) -> control -> select from the menu the op or voice -> then click "Add" -> add your nickname and the network that you want to op/voice and if you have any channel's added, DO NOT FORGET TO TICK THE "Enable" TICK

Like described in my previous post, you don't have to add your nick but the channel(s) where users shall be voiced - and in the "address" field a mask that matches everyone (because everyone shall be voiced): *!*@* .

Alternatively:
/avoice on
/avoice *!*@* #mychannel MyNetwork
© mIRC Discussion Forums