mIRC Homepage
Posted By: irongron ~email appears in Identd - 26/11/08 12:24 AM
Anyone had a problem where ~email appears in identd rather than the user chosen field no matter what you change it to. It doesn't seem to have anything to do with that use email address in identd option either as it's unchecked.
Posted By: RoCk Re: ~email appears in Identd - 26/11/08 04:54 AM

You need to open tcp port 113 in your firewall and/or router for ident.
Posted By: _Memo Re: ~email appears in Identd - 26/11/08 05:11 AM
I'm not sure if I'm following you correctly here, but let me just clarify a few things here

1. when an IRC client (mIRC) connects to an irc server (e.g. DALnet) it sends it a user name (the email address field in Options) along with other bits of information.

The server then tries to connect to your IP on the identd port to verify the the user name. Whatever is replied by the ident server, is used as your username (username@host) on the irc server. If an ident request isn't possible for whatever reason, the server uses whatever the IRC client supplied as the initial username, and appends ~ in front of it denoting it's an unverified username. Back in the day this made a difference and was considered a security measure, however today it does not.

2. If you're noticing you're unable to get identd requests, therefor signing on with an '~' appended in front of your username, that could be multiple problems.

3. If you're able to sign on with an ident, but regardless of what you change it to in mIRC it's still the samething, that could be due to either
a) another identd server running
b) you're behind a router which is handling all ident requests
c) another computer on your network is handling ident requests

While that may be a little redundant for you, it's just covering all the bases. If you could explain in better detail what your exact problem is, we could help you.
Posted By: navarreli08 Re: ~email appears in Identd - 29/11/08 12:14 AM
Hi guys, I just swaped from dsl to cablemodem, but now i cant connect.
When i connect, it doesnt take my ip, instead it uses the server's IP and i get my DNS resolved with server's IP like this:

Local host: 66-252-7-150.Eden.The-IRC.Com (66.252.7.150) IRC Network Gatito_Felix!~slash@66.252.7.150
IRC Network Gatito_Felix!~slash@208.99.193.130
Local host: unknown (72.51.18.254)
Gatito_Felix is ~slash@72.51.18.254
PhazeNet IRC Network Gatito_Felix!~slash@72.20.48.56

and so....it changes IP as i change servers, but most times it stucks at start when the MOTD comes and stays there

Quote:
[20:04] Local host: hal (192.168.0.10)
-
[20:04] -RazorsEdge.phazenet.com- *** Looking up your hostname...
-
[20:04] -RazorsEdge.phazenet.com- *** Checking ident...
-
* Identd request from 64.18.140.158
* Identd replied: 1385, 6667 : USERID : windows : mamai
-
[20:04] -RazorsEdge.phazenet.com- *** Couldn't resolve your hostname; using your IP address instead
-
[20:04] -RazorsEdge.phazenet.com- *** Received identd response
-
Welcome to the PhazeNet IRC Network gatito_felix!mamai@64.18.140.158

As you can see, different server i try to connect, different IP i get and i get as my IP the DNS from server.
Already tried port forwardin, port triggering from modem's config dont know what else to do.

Please help!!!
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

© mIRC Discussion Forums