mIRC Homepage
Posted By: b3th3rS The Auto-Away - 17/04/03 09:59 PM
I just now noticed that when I go into 45 mins idle in channels/servers.... so When I was idling for over 5 hours and i noticed my auto-away sets off every 45 mins, How do i stop that??

heres the code

On *:Connect: {
.timer(autoaway) -io 0 10 scon -at1 awaychk
}
alias awaychk {
If ($idle > 2700) {
nick %away.nick
ns identify %away.system.nick.pass
ame is away, auto-away after 45 minutes
.timer(autoaway) off
}
}

Thanks for the help.
Posted By: Collective Re: The Auto-Away - 17/04/03 10:03 PM
Code:
alias awaychk { 
  If ($idle > 2700) && ( $away == $null ) {
    nick %away.nick
    .timer(autoaway) off
  }
}

...I think.
Posted By: b3th3rS Re: The Auto-Away - 24/04/03 04:14 AM
Ive Tried that and it doesnt work..
Posted By: Nimue Re: The Auto-Away - 24/04/03 10:26 PM
Since it doesn't set /away (on the server), you need to check your nick.
Code:
alias awaychk {
  If $idle > 2700 && $me != %away.nick {
    nick %away.nick
  }
}

Alternatively, set away.
Code:
alias awaychk {
  If $idle > 2700 && !$away {
    nick %away.nick
    away auto-away after 45 minutes
  }
}

Collective:
$away returns either $true or $false
Posted By: Collective Re: The Auto-Away - 24/04/03 10:34 PM
Quote:
$away returns either $true or $false

Oops, thx crazy
Posted By: BigFree Re: The Auto-Away - 16/01/04 03:12 AM
If I may, I have a few questions.

Can anyone use this code? How would you load it into mIRC?

I've seen many scripts advertised here and there but I don't much about them and how compatable they are with mIRC. I also don't even really know how to properly load them into mIRC or if they need to be loaded everytime mIRC starts up.

I've seen the various instructions say: /load -rs scriptname.mrc but, that does not always work, at least with some scripts. I've also read mention of 'add-on' scripts. I take it that these are just tagged onto an existing script? That's a little confusing. I woould think that combining scripts might have unwanted effects.

I've tried to find some Forums/Threads/Posts that go into the basics of how scripts works and how to actually use them. Most of the scripts come with very little info on how to install them let alone how to use them. I guess scripts are meant only for those that can write them.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

This journey started with me looking to have a function for mIRC that would change my nick to indicate I was away after a certain amount of inactivity on my part. And would change back to my 'regular' nick once it detected activity from me. Some may say that it is "S-T-U-P-I-D" of me to want to do something like that, but alas, I do. So, I appreciate any help you can give me either in the form of telling me whats what or pointing me in the direction of where I can find that. Thanks. smile
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: The Auto-Away - 16/01/04 10:43 PM
I'd suggest you read the replies in your duplicate post, altho i realize in this case you could be asking the permission of those who posted code in this thread. When code is posted on an open forum, or made public in any way, it has to be assumed that others will make use of it.
© mIRC Discussion Forums