mIRC Homepage
Posted By: RClay By Invite only - 05/08/08 11:09 PM
There are 2 operators assigned to a registered channel.

If an one Operator sets a channel mode to "invite only" How can the other operator of that channel reset it to "public"?
Posted By: hixxy Re: By Invite only - 05/08/08 11:17 PM
By typing /mode #channel-name-here -i
Posted By: RClay Re: By Invite only - 06/08/08 12:48 AM
Let me clarify: The channel is a registered channel. One of the 2 operators set the chanel to "by invite only" the other operator now has no access to the channel. How does he get by the "by invite only" to that channel? Doesnt he have to be in a channel to change its mode?
Posted By: RusselB Re: By Invite only - 06/08/08 04:40 AM
If the network has chanserv and the 2nd op has sufficient access, he could issue /msg nickserv invite #channel <nick>

The <nick> parameter might not be required.. I've seen networks set up both ways.

If this isn't an option, or doesn't work, then the 2nd op has to be invited, or have the channel founder identify to chanserv with the channel password, then join the channel and have the founder remove the +i
Posted By: RClay Re: By Invite only - 06/08/08 04:22 PM
Originally Posted By: RusselB
If the network has chanserv and the 2nd op has sufficient access, he could issue /msg nickserv invite #channel <nick>

The <nick> parameter might not be required.. I've seen networks set up both ways.

If this isn't an option, or doesn't work, then the 2nd op has to be invited, or have the channel founder identify to chanserv with the channel password, then join the channel and have the founder remove the +i

Additional Info: The Rogue operator was given "owner rights" from the previous "owner/founder" As a show of his new power, he decided to make the channel by "invite only" Now no one can enter the channel including me as a OP. This channel has been around a long time in our league organization.
Posted By: Constantine Re: By Invite only - 06/08/08 06:14 PM
Then basically unless the new "owner" has a change of heart you are screwed. Basically the owner of a channel can do what they like as long as it remains within the networks AUP. You have 2 clear options 1) try to reason with the owner or 2) create your own channel.
Good luck
© mIRC Discussion Forums