mIRC Homepage
Posted By: TaDasHi How to hide ip at irc ? - 19/12/02 03:35 PM
how can i hide my ip address at /whois command ? i saw some people's whois, the ip is showing like this :
ABC is abc@hello.how.are.you * ABC
behind the @ is display something not ip address (not numeric -> 255.255.255.255), that is something message or other text, how can do that ? how can i change the ip address become other text ? izzit it need any software ? if yes, what software require ?
Posted By: Collective Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 19/12/02 03:39 PM
That is called a vhost, and can be given out on most IRCds by IRC Ops. Some IRCds also hide your real IP if you use usermode +x. Another way to hide your IP is to connect through proxies, etc.
Posted By: Karen Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 20/12/02 01:58 AM
You leave the impression vhost are something easily gotten. They're not. You need a shell and if you are to be idented, you need an IP assigned, this costs money to do. Very few IRCops are going to provide Joe User with a vhost.

Some networks mask addresses. If you're just chatting and not doing anything 'bad' then usually you have nothing to worry about. Never put your 'real' last name into the 'real name field' and if you can help it, don't use a user name that might identify yourself off IRC. An example of that would be If you're name is Joe Egan and you live in Any Town, Fl, if you come on line as JoeEgan@239.22.ip.miami.fl.uu.net it won't be hard to find a Joe Egan in Miami Florida
Posted By: wyx Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 20/12/02 11:30 AM
USE BNC, Proxy, or any who can Hide/Spoof your IP
Posted By: Karen Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 20/12/02 01:20 PM
wyx, I don't think you will find many here will encourage hiding your true identity. This only encourages folks who would do harm. If you are just chatting on IRC there really isn't a reason to hide your identity.
Posted By: wyx Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 20/12/02 01:53 PM
thanks karen
i'm just giving ideas
thanks for your attention to me
any way i often used bnc
expect if i got special duty from my network
like spaming detecting i'll used any bnc or proxy
coz my ip is being special ip to spamer in my network
so i must use another ip to detected that, or i'll never detected spam again smirk
Posted By: Watchdog Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 21/12/02 09:53 AM
The best way to hide IP is pay loyalty to a network that hashes your IP (or part there-of) for you. That way you can chat with some peace of mind and not have to worry about maintaining a bouncer or proxy. Some networks will also k:line you for hiding your IP because it's a fantastic but lame way of avoiding bans.
Posted By: druid Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 21/12/02 10:53 PM
ircd.conf

auth {
user = "druid@ri*.dialin.iskon.hr";
user = "*druid@*.carnet.hr";
user = "*druid@*.vip.hr";
spoof = "red.dragon";
spoof_notice = yes;
exceed_limit = yes;
kline_exempt = yes;
gline_exempt = yes;
no_tilde = yes;
class = "opers";
};

wink
Posted By: MonoSex Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 21/12/02 11:36 PM
He probably doesn't have his own IRCd...

I hate Hybrid 7 :tongue:
Posted By: BallyB Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 11/02/05 03:25 PM
When your IP is hidden, it will be hidden not only from IRC but in all your connections (IE, netscape, yahoo messenger, etc.) There is an interesting soft which can help you to hide your IP see : http://www.themobiweb.com/en/Go-Liberty/Go-Liberty.html for more informations

rregards
Posted By: s3rp Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 13/02/05 06:10 PM
use the command //mode $me +x
Posted By: LostServ Re: How to hide ip at irc ? - 13/02/05 06:14 PM
Not all networks support hostmask hiding with +x, some you have to register for before it works
© mIRC Discussion Forums