mIRC Homepage
Posted By: EliteMojo DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 20/01/08 02:13 PM
Hi, my DCC chats work between me and other users, but I can't get them to work between me and my bot.

I send a dcc chat request to my bot, my bot accepts it and the DCC on my screen disapears with no message or trace, leaving a dcc chat open on my bot's screen saying "Acknowledging Chat Request"

I have tried fiddling with the local info in mirc options, and I have also forwarded the ports in my router, and edited the DCC ports in mirc options to correspond with the forwarded router ports.

Can anyone help me with any suggestions on what to do? frown

Thanks
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 20/01/08 03:34 PM
if it's an mIRC bot located on your computer (or another computer on your internet connection) try /localinfo -h on your computer before dcc chat with the bot .. don't forget to change it back (/localinfo -u) to chat with anyone else.

if it's an eggdrop bot, try /ctcp botnick chat
Posted By: RoCk Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 20/01/08 03:59 PM

Also, if they're both running on the same machine, you should set different port ranges for your personal client and your bot. 20 ports each would be plenty, 1031-1050 for you and 1051-1070 for your bot should work fine.
Posted By: EliteMojo Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 20/01/08 04:53 PM
The /localinfo -h didnt work :'(

and I have set the port ranges different for them already smirk
Posted By: argv0 Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 20/01/08 07:54 PM
you definitely want /localinfo -u not -h
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 21/01/08 12:07 AM
Some routers seem to prevent using DCC to and from yourself. Whether or not this is a setting in those routers or permanent, I don't know as I've never owned one that prevented it. That may be a good place to start, though.
Posted By: EliteMojo Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 21/01/08 01:59 AM
hmmm, i'm really completely confused about all this, ive never had a problem with any of this stuff before, and when i have, i can usually solve it with information posted on here. Ive tried forwarding the ports 1024 to 1324 on my router and setting those ports on my mirc(s) lol and both havn't worked the only thing i can actually think of is the router preventing a connection with myself too Raimus2. What can i do to sort this problem out, phone my ISP?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 21/01/08 11:23 AM
You could try, but they may be unable to help you. You can also look around and see if you can get any more help on the issue. Other than that, you could always try a different router. It may be a good idea to ask here for good routers that don't give you problems with sending to yourself (and, for that matter, ones that also don't give you problems with RESUME because of the NAT settings in the router).

You might want to post your router here as someone here may have the same router and could verify if the router is the problem.
Posted By: EliteMojo Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 21/01/08 02:32 PM
My router is a netgear DG834GT, i have used netgears most my life and they never seem to have been the problem before :S
Posted By: EliteMojo Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 24/01/08 05:03 PM
Ports 1024-1124 have been forwarded on the router

Windows firewall disabled

Running windows vista

Both mirc's are 3.31

Router model: netgear DG834GT

Any more suggestions?
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 26/01/08 03:03 PM
Have you setup a static ip for your computer?
Posted By: piker Re: DCC Problems - Tried everything! - 31/01/08 01:35 AM
enable DMZ on your router to your LOCAL address (the addy of the machine you want mirc sending/rec'ing dcc from)
© mIRC Discussion Forums