mIRC Homepage
Posted By: myname2 Nicks not showing as online in notify window - 21/12/07 12:05 AM
I have 10-12 nicknames on my notify list. When I'm logged on the notify window appears showing most of the nicks as [not online], yet when I do a uwho or whois on certain nicks it shows that they are in fact online. I have asked the the nicks and they do not have thier nicks 'hidden'.
Solutions?

Thanks
do they show as online ater you whois them?
press Alt +B , check the notify tab.
see if all is in order.
Thanks - Yes the set-up in notify is correct. 'Pop notify window on connect' 'Show notifies only in notify window' 'Display Address...Time' all marked. I am currently on MIRC, a friend is on also and is listed in my notify list but does not show as online in the notify window?
Do you run any scripts? cos it sound wierd, never heard about someone else that had this problem.. if you don't using a clean mirc, then try install one without any scripts and see if it still happens..
not running scripts and its a new installed version of IRC?
Thanks
Originally Posted By: myname2
Thanks - Yes the set-up in notify is correct. 'Pop notify window on connect' 'Show notifies only in notify window' 'Display Address...Time' all marked.

Does that include the "Enable Notify" checkbox above the list in the Address Book? /notify on
Yes, enable notify is checked. Thanks
This is driving me crazy, isn't there a known fix?
Try echo the notify to your self evreytime someone comes online in your notifylist.
Code:
on *:NOTIFY: { echo -a $nick is online. }

this way you see if atlest notify triggers everytime they connect.

the code goes to your remote ALT + R in mirc
What do you see when you //echo -a $script(0) $script(1)
I get this 1 C:\Users\RJMoe\AppData\Roaming\mIRC\remote.ini
This is so frustrating. Seemingly easy to figure out, but nothing works. Help
I put my own nick in and it shws me as online, but still some of the others don't show..some do?
Try to update nicklist! /names #chan
© mIRC Discussion Forums