mIRC Homepage
Posted By: desbell83 where is my key - 28/11/07 07:21 AM
Hello to all, i ask you to scuse me for my bad english, but on Sunday 25/11/2007 i have send via Papayl 20$ for the registration to MIRC and at this day i have not received the key.
i have a N° of registration of Paypal, and the paiement is made, i have try to send a mail but no response ? can you inform me what i may do to receive the key. Many thanks best regards
Posted By: sparta Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 09:29 AM
Just wait, it can take a cupple of days befor you get the key, so relax. smile
Posted By: Mentality Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 11:48 AM
Make sure you check your junk mail folder. You may like to try and use the Lost Registration page, if all else fails then contact khaled@mirc.com.

Regards,
Posted By: desbell83 Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 01:10 PM
Ok sparta thanks for your response best regards
Posted By: desbell83 Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 01:14 PM
yq Mentality the mail with the key is not arrived and when i go to use the lost registration, i have the response that i am not registred, paypal have send the money on sunday 25/11. i have send 2 mails to khaled but no response at this time - many thanks for all
Posted By: RoCk Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 01:35 PM

He (they?) really should be more prompt with new registrations, they're taking someone's money with no response for days, or longer. I too would grow suspicious because on the registration page, they do make the promise "After you register, your registration information will be emailed to you within 24 hours".

~ Edit ~
He should at least be more prompt with support email concerning new registrations.

Posted By: Mentality Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 01:53 PM
And every case of unreceived registration issues is dealt with? He (Khaled) is not some big company, he doesn't have a team of people at some horrible call center to deal with customer enquiries.

People's patience is appreciated, and I'm sure this case will be sorted out like every other.
Posted By: RoCk Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 01:55 PM

Well then he shouldn't make the 24 hour promise if he can't do it.
Posted By: Mentality Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 01:58 PM
It's not a promise, it's a statement that for all intents and purposes is true. There may be a 3rd party factor that impedes upon the arrival of the email, or it could be the stupidity of the end user who has lost it in their junk mail. It's no more a promise than saying "mIRC will connect you to IRC". It will. Except of course if you get the myriad error messages that might occur due to other reasons beyond Khaled's control.

As someone who has registered more than once, my email has always arrived within 24 hours - in fact, usually within 24 minutes.
Posted By: RoCk Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 02:06 PM

Originally Posted By: Mentality

There may be a 3rd party factor that impedes upon the arrival of the email, or it could be the stupidity of the end user who has lost it in their junk mail.

That's true, it could be any of those reasons, but a user might never know that if they get no response after sending registration support email(s) after waiting the 24 hours per the statement on the registration page. I'm not saying he should respond immediately to every email he receives, but when it comes to new registrations, he's taking someone's money and they're left swinging in the breeze until he (sometimes finally) sends them they're registration. If they send an email stating that they haven't received their registration information, he should at least respond to let them know that their request was received and they will be receiving their information soon, or it was not received and give them possible reasons and maybe include some solutions.
Posted By: desbell83 Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 02:19 PM
i have had no mail into junk mails, no response about my paiement, since 3 days no news. i wait in hoping to resolve this problem, thanks to all
Posted By: RoCk Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 02:24 PM

I'm not saying it won't be resolved, he will send you your registration information, there's no doubt in my mind about that, I'm just saying in my previous posts that he should be more prompt about it and be more prompt about registration support email response. As Mentality said, your patience is appreciated.
Posted By: desbell83 Re: where is my key - 28/11/07 02:31 PM
Thanks rock yes i understand, a prompt email response will be appreciated. but i have not choice only wait for. Scuse me for my poor english i try to explain you my problem, but i have not all the words for. many thanks
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: where is my key - 29/11/07 02:39 PM
Keep in mind that Paypal may be the cause of the delay. If you set up Paypal using a credit card, the payment gets to the person you're paying very quickly. If you set it up using a bank account, the payment takes much longer. I forget the time, but it's something like 5-7 days because Paypal will verify that you have the money first. Paypal will still tell you that the payment is sent, but that doesn't mean that the person you're paying has received it yet.
Posted By: alexx01 Re: where is my key - 29/11/07 03:32 PM
Originally Posted By: Riamus2
Keep in mind that Paypal may be the cause of the delay. If you set up Paypal using a credit card, the payment gets to the person you're paying very quickly. If you set it up using a bank account, the payment takes much longer. I forget the time, but it's something like 5-7 days because Paypal will verify that you have the money first. Paypal will still tell you that the payment is sent, but that doesn't mean that the person you're paying has received it yet.

Riamus2,

I have a verified paypal account, bought mIRC om 25.11.2007
and did neither receive a key in my inbox nor in my spambox.

perhaps Khaled should change his nick to Khaled_away? smile

EDIT: I got the keycode several minutes ago, Khaled has answered my mail pretty fast!

cheers,

alexx01
Posted By: desbell83 Re: where is my key - 29/11/07 04:16 PM
Hello i receive the key a this moment, i have a paypal open and paiements are directs and rapidly made. But now all is all right, many thanks to all - best regards
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: where is my key - 29/11/07 04:17 PM
Even if it's a verified account, if you have it set to use a bank account, it will take the same amount of time. If you want fast service using Paypal, you really need to set it up to use a credit card or debit card. Otherwise, you have to be willing to wait for the time that it takes Paypal to check to make sure that you have the money in your checking account.
Posted By: Khaled Re: where is my key - 30/11/07 12:46 AM
Thanks for the comments everyone. In this case the reason for the delay is that the user provided an invalid email address when they registered. For users who experience registration issues, I would recommend directing them to my personal faq on this topic. Note that due to the number of emails I receive, it can take me anything from a few days to a week to go through my emails.
Posted By: desbell83 Re: where is my key - 01/12/07 07:38 AM
Hello, thanks Khaled for your rapidity when Paypal give you the good adress , i dont know why they give you my old adress i have change one year ago, i use Paypal at many times and never they have made this mistake. And many thanks to all that help me. and scuse for all this trouble. Best regards to all
Posted By: Juniorz Re: where is my key - 06/12/07 12:49 AM
Originally Posted By: Khaled
Thanks for the comments everyone. In this case the reason for the delay is that the user provided an invalid email address when they registered. For users who experience registration issues, I would recommend directing them to my personal faq on this topic. Note that due to the number of emails I receive, it can take me anything from a few days to a week to go through my emails.

How do I get my registration code, I paid for it yesterday? Who would I contact

Thx
Mike
Posted By: Mentality Re: where is my key - 06/12/07 01:12 AM
Please read the other replies in this thread, specifically the first two.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: where is my key - 06/12/07 02:50 PM
Just be patient and wait a few days. Also make sure that the e-mail doesn't go into a spam/junk e-mail folder.
© mIRC Discussion Forums