mIRC Homepage
well this is kind of strange.

i can't see any messages, on any channel. i've been using mirc for a few years now, and have no idea what's up. i can see joins and parts, but no messages. i can get queried, that i can see. but on channels, it's all just joins, parts, kicks and bans.

any help would be much appreciated.
Maybe you have an on TEXT script that is blocking the usual text. Check your remotes for any scripts or try /!remote off and see if that makes a difference or not?

You can check to see if you're ignoring channel messages from all users by typing /ignore -r

Also, some networks have a +d (deaf) usermode which blocks all channel messages, you can remove this mode by typing //mode $me -d

~ Edit ~
The first command will remove all ignores.

Use both // with the second command.

yeah, i had that deaf mode on. thanks for the help guys.
I'm having the same problem. I've tried the deaf mode command, but it didn't register as a valid command. Any suggestions? (on efnet... randomly)

On EFnet deaf mode is capital D

//mode $me -D
Thanks for the reply, but I still can't seem to see responses. And like the other user here, I do see the channel messages. The channels I've been trying are highly populated, so it's not a lack of users. I've tried the deaf mode with a capital D, but it's still not recognized. Any other ideas?
© mIRC Discussion Forums