mIRC Homepage
Posted By: McOwnage Why is my time all messed up in mirc??? - 25/04/07 02:06 AM
no clue why all these messages are with in minutes / seconds of each other but look at the times why does it do this
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:02 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> hello
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:59 -0800 GMT-8] <McOwnage> sup
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:39 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> just got off work lol i see you banned a player last nite, bootyfu5
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:55 -0800 GMT-8] <McOwnage> yea asked to post a screenshot told them how and they said they were stupid asked them next game to come to hand and did not come so i can do the test
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:15 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> i have played along side her for a long time and can vouch for her. i am e-mailing her right now, to tell her to post an apology and her side of the story, of what she told me.
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:15 -0800 GMT-8] <McOwnage> no problem I would have had no problem at all about the upload but then not comming to hand well i asked like 5 times
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:41 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> she told me she was defending the base at the time, so, i will let her post her side of things, and hopefully this can get straightend out soon
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:59 -0800 GMT-8] <McOwnage> ok
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:08 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> for a long time myself i did not know how to post a screenie lol
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:26 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> and was banned in a server because of that as well along time ago
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:16 -0800 GMT-8] <McOwnage> i understand i explained how and where to up load twice
[Tuesday April/24/07][06:24 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> ok no problem i don't want to step on any toes, i just know her and she is getting to be an improved player
[Tuesday April/24/07][07:37 -0800 GMT-8] <McOwnage> hey no problem i trust the other mods if you say she don't cheat i beleave ya
[Tuesday April/24/07][07:20 -0800 GMT-8] <Boenng> ok thanks, hopefully she will post in the forums soon, just wanted to touch base with you, ok
Posted By: RusselB Re: Why is my time all messed up in mirc??? - 25/04/07 02:18 AM
Are you sure you have your timestamp configured correctly?

That's the only reason that I can think of that the display shows so messed up (for lack of a better term).

If you're unsure, post the format that you currently are using for your timestamp, as that will enable us to determine what, if anything, needs to be changed.
Posted By: McOwnage Re: Why is my time all messed up in mirc??? - 25/04/07 02:31 AM
Originally Posted By: RusselB
Are you sure you have your timestamp configured correctly?

That's the only reason that I can think of that the display shows so messed up (for lack of a better term).

If you're unsure, post the format that you currently are using for your timestamp, as that will enable us to determine what, if anything, needs to be changed.

Thanks for the reply here is what I have in tool, option, irc, messages time stamp is checked here is what is there [dddd mmmm/dd/yy][hh:ss zzzz]
Posted By: maroon Re: Why is my time all messed up in mirc??? - 25/04/07 04:18 AM
Perhaps your problem is using

[dddd mmmm/dd/yy][hh:ss zzzz]

instead of

[dddd mmmm/dd/yy][HH:nn zzzz]

'ss' is returning the number of seconds, and hh returns hours in 12-hour mode, while HH returns hours in 24-hour mode

for more info, paste in any mirc window:

/help Time and Date Identifiers
Posted By: RusselB Re: Why is my time all messed up in mirc??? - 25/04/07 04:36 AM
Maroon has hit it right on the head, although a better reference in the help file is /help $asctime
Your parameters for the timestamp are the same as the options for $asctime

I would recommend that you change your format to one of the following:
[dddd mmmm/dd/yy][hh:nn:ss tt zzzz]
[dddd mmmm/dd/yy][HH:nn:ss zzzz]

Personally, I like this one the best
ddd. mmm. d yyyy @ H:nn:ss zzz
Posted By: McOwnage Re: Why is my time all messed up in mirc??? - 25/04/07 03:47 PM
Originally Posted By: maroon
Perhaps your problem is using

[dddd mmmm/dd/yy][hh:ss zzzz]

instead of

[dddd mmmm/dd/yy][HH:nn zzzz]

'ss' is returning the number of seconds, and hh returns hours in 12-hour mode, while HH returns hours in 24-hour mode

for more info, paste in any mirc window:

/help Time and Date Identifiers

ok now i feel REALLY stupid LOL thanks
© mIRC Discussion Forums