mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Thoronwen Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 20/01/07 07:37 PM
Hi,
I was wondering if it's possible to change the symbols around someone's nickname in the message screen.
I.e.:
<Thoronwen> Hi
to
[Thoronwen] Hi

Thanks for helping.
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 20/01/07 08:01 PM
You can create your own "theme".
on *:text:*:#:{
echo -t $chan [ $+ $nick $+ ]: $1-
}

That sort of thing.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 20/01/07 09:17 PM
You forgot to haltdef the event (and use ^). smile
Posted By: DJ_Sol Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 21/01/07 03:57 AM
No I never make themes so know nothing about them. Just pointing them in the right direction. Why dont you show them how its done.
Posted By: bwr30060 Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 21/01/07 04:18 AM
He did.
Code:
on ^*:text:*:#:{
echo -t $chan [ $+ $nick $+ ] &+ : $1-
haltdef
}
Code:
echo -t $chan [ $+ $nick $+ ] &+ : $1-
haltdef
}

^^This isn't going to work, the code makes it look like it's using evaluation brackets, so, it will not echo back correctly. And also, it uses "&+" instead of "$+". I would use this:

Code:
on ^*:TEXT:*:#:{
  echo -t $chan $+($chr(91),$nick,$chr(93)) $+ : $1-
  haltdef
}

laugh
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 21/01/07 06:11 AM
You can save that last $+ by including the : in your $+(). For that matter, if you include it, you can have the final ] as a ] instead of a $chr because the : next to it would prevent evaluation.

Code:
on ^*:TEXT:*:#:{
  echo -t $chan $+($chr(91),$nick,]:) $1-
  haltdef
}

Of course, putting the : next to the ] in the original would also work.

Code:
  echo -t $chan [ $+ $nick $+ ]: $1-
  haltdef
}
Posted By: Thoronwen Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 26/01/07 12:54 PM
Its working fine now, thanks alot.

However, as only other users can trigger the on TEXT event, my own nick still appears as <Thoronwen>. Any ideas on how to change that aswell?
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 26/01/07 02:27 PM
/help on INPUT

It's almost the same format as on TEXT, but the trigger isn't in the event line. Check the format and make an on INPUT event that is similar to your on TEXT event. You don't need to use ^ in the on INPUT event. Try it and let's see what you come up with.
Posted By: Thoronwen Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 26/01/07 06:57 PM
Code:
on *:INPUT:#:{
  /echo 4 -tlm $chan « $+ $me $+ » $1-
  haltdef
} 

(Returns '[19:57] «Thoronwen» Hi' in red.)

Seems to work like a charm smile Thanks again for helping.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Changing the symbols around <nickname> - 26/01/07 10:39 PM
Looks good. smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums