mIRC Homepage
Hi All,
Wonder if someone can help me to figure out how to change text colour permanently to a set pair of colours without having to 'control+k+xx' each time? Is there any way to do this?
Many Thanks.
RC.
put this in your remotes

Code:

on 1:input:#channel{
  /msg #channel 01,08 $1-
  haltdef
}

that will basically do what you want however it could be improved using error checking, /command parsing etc

btk
Hiya BTK,
Many many thanks for that - I have added it into 'remotes' via script editor and I stil have no colours ..
Must be something I am doing wrong? frown
You DID replace both instances of the word #channel with the name of the channel you wish this to happen in, didn't you?
Hi,
Yes .. sure did ... I have tried all ways I can think of gettin it to work .. I can see where the thing is leading .. but it just wont play frown Has to be me .....
OK I see the error ...

Make the first line:

on 1:input:#channel: {

and make sure there's a space before the {

You also are not required to use the / in remotes
Outstanding .. perfecto!!! Thank you very much indeed for your help .. Many Many Thanks smile
Rob.
You might also want to check and halt that for (/* iswm $1 && !$ctrlenter). Otherwise you might end up sending commands with passwords to the channel.
Hiyas Sias,
I have run it up on a copy of DICE i have running here and all is looking good .... thanks for your reply though. Greatly appreciated,
Rob.
oops, sorry for the oversight, that's what happens when you think, ah an easy one, I'll just type it out here..

lol

btk blush
Hiyas BTK ...
No need for apologies .. its working great with a little help from me friends here ... outstanding and thanks again,
Rob.
© mIRC Discussion Forums