mIRC Homepage
Posted By: awn Options missing! - 16/12/02 03:36 PM
A few months ago I was trying to help someone insert some instructions into the Perform section and it turned out the section was completely missing from Options. The It was simply not there in the Options list on the left.

Today I was helping someone get Agent working and the Agent page under Options was completely missing from the Options menu on the left.

How can this be?
Posted By: Merlin Re: Options missing! - 16/12/02 03:47 PM
In the new mIRC 6.x it has been moved to ALT-O->Connect->Perform laugh
Posted By: awn Re: Options missing! - 16/12/02 03:52 PM
I realise where they are meant to be, I have them clearly visible on my computer.

However I have been speaking with people who simply have these options missing from the option list. Agent was missing from someone I spoke to today, under Sounds he had only Requests.
Posted By: Poppy Re: Options missing! - 16/12/02 04:53 PM
What version of mIRC is this person using? Maybe they need to update. If they are using the newest version, perhaps they should just reinstall mIRC smile
Posted By: Beau_Noddie Re: Options missing! - 17/12/02 03:35 PM
The Agent dialog was added in 5.71. From the help file:

" Note: The agent dialog will only be visible if agent is already installed on your system. If it isn't installed, you can find links to related websites and resources, as well as download information, on the mIRC website at http://www.mirc.co.uk/agents.html "

So I don't think there is anything to worry about, it's probably just that MS Agent hasn't been installed.
© mIRC Discussion Forums