mIRC Homepage
Posted By: andywg Bizarre Status window messages - 13/02/06 01:03 AM
Whenever information is displayed in my status window (such as upon identifying myself for the nickname, or setting options for chatrooms), every line in the status window has a line underneath as if it is trying, and failing, to log the status window.

It appears to be date connected, for example today it displays as an example:

* /write: unable to open 'c:\program files\mirc\13\02\2006'

and this will appear under every single line of text generated in the window.

I have tried to see what the problem is but have been completely unlucky so far. Any ideas on what is causing this?

Cheers

Andy
Posted By: RusselB Re: Bizarre Status window messages - 13/02/06 01:22 AM
Looks like a script that is trying to write a file to your hard drive. It is NEVER a good idea to run a script unless you know what it does.

Specifically the problem here is that the code is trying to write the file called 2006 to the directory located at c:\program files\mirc\13\02

Odds are, you don't have a sub-directory called 13 off of the directory where mIRC was installed (in this case c:\program files\mirc) and it's even less likely that you have a sub-directory off of that called 02

If this is a setting for your logs, then I would recommend you stop using the script and use mIRC's built-in logger.
Posted By: andywg Re: Bizarre Status window messages - 13/02/06 02:13 PM
You were right, it was a script...Strange since I have only put one script on this, and that was for colour...

Anyway, it all seems fixed now.

Cheers.

Andy
Posted By: RusselB Re: Bizarre Status window messages - 14/02/06 12:40 AM
probably something in the color script that was doing a log. Glad you were able to find the problem easily. If you need/want a different script for your colors, there are lots out there, and/or someone here might be willing to modify what you already have so that it doesn't cause that problem.

Personallly, I'd look at replacing the script rather than getting it modified.
© mIRC Discussion Forums