mIRC Homepage
Posted By: myndzi Scripts editor / richedit - 17/01/06 11:40 PM
Way back when, I recall there was a mirc.ini entry you could alter to make the scripts editor use a richedit control. Somewhere along the line, richedit became the default. Is there a way to *disable* richedit in the same fashion? I've long since forgotten the ini entry, and I haven't been able to get very far with Search.
Posted By: Doqnach Re: Scripts editor / richedit - 18/01/06 11:04 AM
the script editor isn't richtext O_o

you must have been using some add on script...
Posted By: hixxy Re: Scripts editor / richedit - 18/01/06 04:12 PM
It is.

Courtesy of winspector.
Posted By: ClickHeRe Re: Scripts editor / richedit - 18/01/06 05:22 PM
the editor uses a richedit control, probably thought and added for futur syntaxe highlighing which never made it in the editor.
Posted By: myndzi Re: Scripts editor / richedit - 18/01/06 10:53 PM
It is a richedit control. I'm rather sure the primary reason is to better support large script files (> 30k), but I feel that the ctrl-arrow behavior for richtext controls is much more annoying than the 30k limit. For added fun, try ctrl-= in the editor for subscript text!

Anyway, try to know what you are talking about before throwing in your two cents, thanks.
Posted By: Doqnach Re: Scripts editor / richedit - 19/01/06 08:24 AM
never knew it was richtext since not everyone has a program to check that *G* or the desire to do so out of the blue hehehe

and I thought richtext could do bolds and colours too etc but those are catched to transform it into ctrl codes...

don't think it's strange for people not knowing really.
Posted By: myndzi Re: Scripts editor / richedit - 20/01/06 12:42 AM
>never knew it was richtext since not everyone has a
>program to check that *G* or the desire to do so out of the
>blue hehehe

You don't need a program to check. Changes are noted in versions.txt

>and I thought richtext could do bolds and colours too etc but
>those are catched to transform it into ctrl codes...

It can, that doesn't mean it has to.

>don't think it's strange for people not knowing really. .

I don't. But I expect you to know what you are talking about if you try and correct me.

-m-
© mIRC Discussion Forums