mIRC Homepage
Posted By: supermale Mode notices in current channel? - 13/12/05 02:45 AM
When I'm on certain servers, I like to set my mode +g, to avoid too many pm's. Is there any way to get the "XXXXXXX is messaging you, and you have umode +g." message in the current chat window, instead of in the status window, where I always seem to miss it?

If I've missed something deceptively simple, I apologize. Thanks for reading.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 13/12/05 02:57 AM
It sounds like this might be a server notice. If so, something like this might work
Code:
on ^*:snotice:*is messaging you*:{
echo -a $1-
halt
}

Posted By: supermale Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 13/12/05 03:28 AM
Thanks for the quick reply, but that didn't do it. No change in the bahavior - the message still shows in the status window. And I can't even set the "highlight" options to pick up that message.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 13/12/05 04:11 AM
You might try using the ON NOTICE event, rather than ON SNOTICE.. read /help ON NOTICE for the correct format..it's slightly different to that of ON SNOTICE.
Posted By: supermale Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 13/12/05 03:08 PM
Quote:
You might try using the ON NOTICE event, rather than ON SNOTICE.. read /help ON NOTICE for the correct format..it's slightly different to that of ON SNOTICE.

That didn't do it, either. And when I use the On Notice like this:
on 1:NOTICE:*:?:{

echo -a $1-

halt

}
I don't see notices at all. Forgive my ignorance.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 14/12/05 12:10 AM
Can you supply us with a copy of the actual message that you get? The first problem is figuring out what kind of message is being sent.
Posted By: genius_at_work Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 14/12/05 12:34 AM
Type /debug @debug and then receive one of those messages. Paste the text from the @debug window here so we can see what sort of message you are receiving. Make sure you don't post any text that has your passwords in it.

-genius_at_work
Posted By: supermale Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 14/12/05 04:03 AM
Here is the message that is given to me, when someone sends me a PM:

nick ~name@hostmask.isp.net is messaging you, and you have umode +g.

Here is the message from the debug window:

<- :irc.oink.me.uk 718 myname nick ~name@hostmask.isp.net :is messaging you, and you have umode +

If it makes it any clearer, this is the message the sender of the PM gets:

myname is in +g mode (server-side ignore.)
myname has been informed that you messaged them.

These messages only appear in the status/server window, even when I can get every other message in the active channel (whois, nickserv and chanserv info, etc).
Posted By: genius_at_work Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 14/12/05 04:29 AM
It appears to be a RAW that you are receiving. Try this:
Code:
raw 718:*:echo -a  $+ $2 ( $+ $3 $+ ) $remove($4-,:)

-genius_at_work
Posted By: RusselB Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 14/12/05 04:38 AM
Hmm..If that's not a snotice, then I don't know what it is.

Based on this information the only reason I can see my original code not working, is the possibility of the ^ in the event line and the halt command later on...try removing those and see if it works.
Posted By: supermale Re: Mode notices in current channel? - 14/12/05 04:43 PM
Quote:
It appears to be a RAW that you are receiving. Try this:
Code:
raw 718:*:echo -a  $+ $2 ( $+ $3 $+ ) $remove($4-,:)

-genius_at_work

That did it. Thanks, genius_at_work and RusselB for working through it with me! I appreciate the help.
© mIRC Discussion Forums