mIRC Homepage
Posted By: fubenkunai Saving chats? - 27/11/05 10:03 PM
Possibly the world's dumbest quetion here: how does one save an IRC chat? I can find all the logged files (Having managed to retain two by pure accident and lucky button-pushing pervious to this), but I can't for the live of me figure out how to actually save one-- like, name it and have it stowed away, all that good stuff. This is an asinine question but hopefully I can get an answer here. For some reason I could not find now to do this on a whole bunch of other IRC support sites. And for the record, logging is turned on, so...yeah. Kthx. XD
Posted By: RusselB Re: Saving chats? - 27/11/05 10:54 PM
If your logging is turned on, then those chats, which fit into the logging parameters are saved on your hard drive automatically. If you want them saved elsewhere, change the location for the logs, or if you want them with a different name you can use the /copy command to copy the file to a new location &/or a new name.

/help /copy

If this isn't what you're referring to, please clarify what it is you're wanting to do.
Posted By: genius_at_work Re: Saving chats? - 27/11/05 11:20 PM
You can manually save the conversation from a single window by right clicking on the window's tab, selecting Buffer, and then selecting Save As.. .

To save all channels open the options window (alt+o), and go to the IRC > Logging tab. Choose your logging options there.

-genius_at_work
Posted By: fubenkunai Re: Saving chats? - 29/11/05 01:24 AM
Quote:
You can manually save the conversation from a single window by right clicking on the window's tab, selecting Buffer, and then selecting Save As.. .

To save all channels open the options window (alt+o), and go to the IRC > Logging tab. Choose your logging options there.

-genius_at_work

This was exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks so, so much.
© mIRC Discussion Forums