mIRC Homepage
Posted By: xjoecx noone there? - 03/09/05 12:48 AM
whenever i enter a room, there is never anyone in there. even when i enter channels that i know have people in them at the moment, there is never anyone in there....also it says that i am banned from #calscrim even though i have never logged on before...anyone help?
Posted By: RusselB Re: noone there? - 03/09/05 02:28 AM
If you're banned from a channel, there's nothing that we can do, realistically. If you can find out a nick of an op that is in the room, you can try sending them a pm (/msg) asking why you are banned.

As to why you can't see anyone in the rooms when you join, I haven't a clue. This is the first time I've come across this problem. Maybe someone else can assist you better.
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: noone there? - 03/09/05 02:34 AM
One thing I can think of is probably wrong anyway but supposing a server gets de-linked from a network, all the users were on the channel from that network but the server is no longer available? *shrugs* If I worded that right anyway.

-Andy
Posted By: xjoecx Re: noone there? - 03/09/05 06:40 PM
well i havent used mirc since about a year ago and i hear that there is something new you have to do when setting it up now...i didnt do anything except the usual fill in info which is all we had to do a year ago....i hear there is something new to do now...i dont know if any of that made sense but i hope someone can help
Posted By: RusselB Re: noone there? - 03/09/05 06:43 PM
I've been using mIRC for several years, upgrading my version as necessary, and have installed extra copies for multiple bots to be able to run on their own installations. If there's something new about how one goes about setting up mIRC, I'd like to know what it is, since I haven't been able to determine any difference.
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: noone there? - 04/09/05 12:37 AM
Keeping in mind mIRC's last release was over a year ago.. smile

-Andy
Posted By: _dood_ Re: noone there? - 04/09/05 12:48 AM
Try the following command when you join a channel that appears to be empty even if you know it is occupied: /names <channel>

This will refresh the nicklst. It is a long shot but worth a try.
Posted By: xjoecx Re: noone there? - 04/09/05 06:24 AM
i tried that...it came up blank, no names.....am i signing into the rigth network, server etc.....on connect, i am signing into "all" irc networks and "gamesnet" server....also when i said i was banned from #calscrim, i was wrong...i get this message, "You were kicked from #calscrim by ChanServ (This channel has been closed down by the GamesNET administration: Drones)"
Posted By: raZOR Re: noone there? - 04/09/05 08:59 AM
well all answer you got in that message

it was CLOSED by ADMINISTRATION of GamesNet
© mIRC Discussion Forums