mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Synfoe A little help... - 14/08/05 12:05 PM
Hi guys,

I was wondering if it were possible to get mIRC to auto start up with windows... I can just stick it in the startup folder or add it to registry... But is there an option in the mIRC options to do this? I couldnt find it.. But the catch is I want it to auto minimize on startup... I have my mIRC go to my system tray when ever minimized so... I want it to start with windows and just apear in the system tray.. do its auto connects etc.. How would I go about doing this?

Thank you in advance
-Kevin
Posted By: Mentality Re: A little help... - 14/08/05 03:51 PM
There isn't an option to do this in mIRC. You can execute commands when mIRC starts with the ON START event, see /help ON START. Can't get a lot of chatting done with mIRC minimised, surely?

Regards,
Posted By: Synfoe Re: A little help... - 15/08/05 06:13 AM
Well the main reason is I want to get mIRC to auto start and then auto minimize so it idles my channels... if I need to talk to somebody Ill just double click the icon and talk..... plus I can hear sounds when im being pmed or something....

btw /help ON START didnt help me at all.. thanx though
Posted By: Mentality Re: A little help... - 15/08/05 08:38 AM
What about /help ON START did you find difficult?

Example:

on *:start:{
server irc.server.here -j #arnie,#mirc
}

This would connect to a server and join those channels once connected to that server when you start mIRC.

Regards,
Posted By: DV8 Re: A little help... - 15/08/05 05:24 PM
There's no option in mIRC to have it start when Windows starts. You'll have to put mIRC in your Windows StartUp directory.

To have it auto connect and join, use the remote that Mentality posted above or you can go into Options (Alt+O), Options and check Connect On Startup. It will connect to the last server you were connected to. Then go into your Favorites (third icon from the left), add your channels and under Options check Join On Connect. I recommend the remote method though. Then you can add multiple networks if you want.

To have it auto minimize go into Options (Alt+O), Display, Options, Tray and check "On Startup Minimize mIRC To Tray".
© mIRC Discussion Forums