mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Dograth Need Information - 30/07/05 02:13 PM
A Friend has some info I need and I can't recieve it. What do I need to do to open up mIRC so it'll take the info. It keeps bouncing off. Is it a firewall. I use 2000 pro.
Posted By: DaveC Re: Need Information - 30/07/05 06:17 PM
as in info in a file?

if so, its his end that needs to open up, the sender must open a port(s) to his machine, then set the mirc dcc options to that port(s), this is becuase the reciever makes the connection to the senders machine, so u go out your firewall ok, but hit his when you try and connect.
Posted By: Dograth Re: Need Information - 31/07/05 10:44 PM
I can send but can't recieve, I'm getting frustrated..
Posted By: RusselB Re: Need Information - 01/08/05 02:55 AM
As DaveC said, the problem is at the sender's end, not the receiver's.
Posted By: DaveC Re: Need Information - 01/08/05 04:40 AM
I guess he thinks if he just keeps saying the problem, the underlying facts it might just change.
Posted By: Dograth Re: Need Information - 02/08/05 02:58 PM
Every sender?? I thought this board would help. Guess its just a place to make fun of people. I'd say [censored] around but that would be wrong.
Posted By: Dograth Re: Need Information - 02/08/05 02:59 PM
You need to just go away.
Posted By: Dograth Re: Need Information - 02/08/05 03:01 PM
How do I tell every sender in the world they are sending wrong. I wouldn't have joined this board if I thought no body knew how to set up mirc.
Posted By: Riamus2 Re: Need Information - 02/08/05 03:12 PM
Quote:
A Friend has some info I need and I can't recieve it. What do I need to do to open up mIRC so it'll take the info. It keeps bouncing off. Is it a firewall. I use 2000 pro.

You do not anywhere state that it is true for all senders. Your question leads to a valid assumption that you are having issues only with one person.

If you can't receive from *anyone*, then you should check your firewall/router settings. See if you can DCC CHAT with people (with them starting the chat and you starting the chat).

And, check to make sure you aren't blocking files in your settings.
Posted By: RusselB Re: Need Information - 02/08/05 10:34 PM
We all know some part about setting up mIRC, but no one knows everything, and even some of the things that we know, we can't put into the forum, due to the forums rules & regulations.
© mIRC Discussion Forums