mIRC Homepage
Posted By: SunGod University Blocks mIrc! BackDoor Way??? Help? - 04/07/05 03:50 AM
At Least I believe that is the problem.
I am attending www.iub.edu atm
I've never been able to get mIrc to work here but I want to really spend the time and try and find out if their is a back door or something, That I would be able to.

Everytime I try and connect to mIrc using mIrc or using a offhand site, that loads mIrc, I always get the Unable to connect, TimeOut Message.

I do not have any problems using P2P but mIrc I can not use. I can post the screen shots of the ports currently being blocked, filitered and open atm if that would help to see or solve anything.

I have thew new vers. Of mIrc and I am running Windows XP SP2. My Firewall Is Off.

Should I try and reformat my entire drive and see if that is the problem? When I tried to use mIrc on University Computer Labs, It says MS Firewall blocked it. When I try mine, I just get the Unable to connect.

Would a proxy work or Sock it? Any Ideas or Thoughts On how to get around this problem?

Thank You
Speak to the network administrator(s) or the appropriate professors who would deal with this. We don't help help find "backdoor" ways to evade policies of workplaces/schools/universities/cybercafes/etc.

Your comparison of mIRC to p2p programs would suggest to me that you think mIRC is also a p2p program. mIRC is not a file sharing program smile

Regards,
I found a way around it.

My comparsion was due to the fact is why would they allow the ports of P2P clients and not allow mIrc. I know mIrc is not a file sharing service.

Good Day
© mIRC Discussion Forums