mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Trigguh Private Messages Automatically clsoe!? - 02/06/05 04:42 PM
After about 20 seconds of talking to someone over private messages, the window automatically closes - what's wrong? How can I fix it?
Posted By: DaveC Re: Private Messages Automatically clsoe!? - 03/06/05 12:27 AM
you likely have a script running that closes the window on a timer, if you dont think you should have any scripts running at all, then go
ALT-R / file / unload / file / unload etc etc untill there arent any loaded.

If u know u have scripts, then try and find the one thats closing it, maybe search for :TEXT: or :OPEN:
Posted By: xDaeMoN Re: Private Messages Automatically clsoe!? - 03/06/05 02:44 AM
Instead of unloading each script, maybe it's better to just type /remote off then search :TEXT: or :OPEN: that I think has an associated timer. Then type /remote on after fixing it.
Posted By: Darkmnm Re: Private Messages Automatically clsoe!? - 03/06/05 03:05 AM
If you are familiar with the search feature in mirc then open the mirc editor (alt +r) and click on the "Find Text" button in the top right hand corner and in the Find Text edi box type close -m and click the "Find Text" button on the dialog and remove the line ther. When/if you find the text close -m make sure you read the code around it because you could remove something that isn't the issue. The line(s) should look like:

Code:
on ^*:OPEN:?:*:{
timer 1 1 20 close -m blah }
}

or something like that. There are other methods but when I am searchingfor ertian triggers within a script this is how I do it. Knowing mirc coding does help but you don't need to be a genius.
Posted By: DaveC Re: Private Messages Automatically clsoe!? - 03/06/05 08:03 AM
I said "if you dont think you should have any scripts running at all" do that, else do the other part
© mIRC Discussion Forums