mIRC Homepage
I am running winXP SP2, mirc6.16. Everything seems fine, I can /quit, but if I /quit [message] nothing happens. The same is true for /part and I cannot set myself /away at all. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

CiscoJones

btw, this is true when entering the commands manually or using the menus.
Make sure you don't have the commands Aliased - Type /alias /away, /alias /quit and /alias /part, then see if they work properly.

Regards,
will do, thanks
Does it say anything when you type:

/away <Reason>
/quit <Reason>
/part #Channel <Reason>

Try prefixing the commands with an exclamation mark.

/!away <Reason>
/!quit <Reason>
/!part #Channel <Reason>

It also might be an idea to type /debug @debug when sending the commands with and without the prefix just to see what is actually being sent to the server and what is being received.

*Note, not all servers support personal quit messages some networks usually surpress them. Also, not all networks will allow you to have a personal leave (Part) message.

-Andy
* Added '/away' alias

is what I got, and then it still didn't work frown anything else to try?

oh yeah, how do I get rid of the alias now?
If you type /alias /away on its own, you will get one of these messages:

* Removed '/away' alias
or
* /alias: '/away' does not exist

If you add something after the 'away' command, you will ADD an alias. Just type those commands on their own smile

Regards,
okay, used the debug command (nice feature) and it seems that whatever I type after the command comes up as *part* of the command. i.e.: /away shower debug: -> Oslo1.NO.EU.undernet.org SHOWER
<- :Oslo1.NO.EU.undernet.org 421 CiscoJones SHOWER :Unknown command

suggestions? amd I just plain doing it wrong, this works with chatZilla, but I don't like that app too well.

CJ
thanks mentality, removed
okay, it is all fixed. SladeKraven had the right idea. apparently the oslo server wants the bang after the slash (/!away). Thanks everyone for your help this morning.

CiscoJones
no thats your mirc needing that, its becuase you have an alias defined called away.

type in //echo -a $isalias(away)

come back with $true ?

the ! tells mirc to ignore all alias's and use the real command
© mIRC Discussion Forums