mIRC Homepage
Posted By: xscorpion Auto Connect on Startup - 02/04/05 11:58 PM
When I launch mirc it auto connects to a server and then connects to a channel. How do I disable this function?
Posted By: alhammer Re: Auto Connect on Startup - 03/04/05 12:04 AM
Hey. Go to the options. (ALT-O) Find the "Options" submenu under the Connect menu. Uncheck the "Connect on Startup" box. As far as the autojoing a channel, that is probably the server. Many servers have a default channel, which you will automatically join when you connect. If that's not the case, check all of your remotes. I hope this helps. laugh
Posted By: Mentality Re: Auto Connect on Startup - 03/04/05 12:09 AM
Type /!remote off to prevent any scripts running (though this won't prevent STARTUP scripts because you can't type it before mIRC starts up).

If you have a script, then I would say it's actually that forcing you to join a channel - check out the channel name and topic - if it's related to the script, then it will be the script, if it's something else, then it may well be a network channel. Also, if you type /!remote off and still join then it's the network.

Don't install scripts if you don't know what they do, or how to control them.

Regards,
Posted By: SladeKraven Re: Auto Connect on Startup - 03/04/05 12:22 AM
If the channel can't be found in the mIRC Script and you're not being pulled into the channel by an IRCop (if it joins you to the same channel on different networks).

They could also try /!perform off.

Although the On Start event could be the reason it connects to a server, they probably havethe channel to join in the perform box. smile
Posted By: xscorpion Re: Auto Connect on Startup - 03/04/05 12:33 AM
thanks for the post. none of them work. tried /!perform off opened mirc again did samething. tried /!remote off then open again then nothing started.
Posted By: alhammer Re: Auto Connect on Startup - 03/04/05 05:54 PM
Did you read the MOTD or go to the HelpDesk channel and ask if there was a default-autojoin channel? Or do you mean it still connects on startup? If so, did you check in your options like I suggested?
© mIRC Discussion Forums