mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Bootmaster Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 07:48 PM
confused confused NEED Help in finding out why cIRC is so lamn i thought msn,and ebay was lamn for banding me for 6 months but mirc is the worst i posted something and i thought this is a place where people help people on any thing computer related good or bad Mentality deleated my posting because of what nothing and he probly would remove this one he probly has all kind of hacked stuff on his pc but dont want to help others i am no hacker thats y i needed help i think as long as i am not trying to flood the forum i should be able to post what ever computer related issues if some one can help me in changing this problem with mIRC please reply to this if they don't remove it like the virus issue i read about mIRC's irc.worm.gen virus trojan_____________________________________________<Rule Block Netspy Trojan horse"blocked communication local address: All local network adapters(1024).Process name is"C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe > They say it is nothing but y would norton say it is a trojan i think mIRC is tryin to install spy ware or addware on people computer slowly they tell u it is nothing but every time i connect to mIRC they try to download that on the pc confused confused confused
Posted By: Rounin Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:14 PM
That post was a joke, right?

Apart from being totally unreadable, it's full of nonsense.
Posted By: tidy_trax Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:16 PM
He was abiding by the forums rules, blame the rules.
Posted By: Bootmaster Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:21 PM
Thank u For letting me know something because all he did was remove my posting and i had no info on why all he said was nothing is free what kind of response is that how can the rules be changes and what is mIRC for i am not jokeing i know it is not just a chat client this is where alot of hackers hang out at and u probly know that right tidy_trax
Posted By: Mentality Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:22 PM
I assume you mean "lame". If you bothered to read the sticky threads before posting you would see what we do and do not help with. Also, please see my reply to your other post to find out why your other threads were deleted. None of your deleted threads had anything to do with obtaining help on viruses, they were related to downloading cracked software and obtaining cracks for already downloaded software. I have logs, your posts were reported.

I do not have any "hacked" stuff on my PC. Please look up what hacked means, and then realise that the modern term of the word is not a good thing and does not mean illegal software downloads are "hacks". We are naturally not going to help with hacking OR downloading illegal material.

To be blunt, it doesn't surprise me you're infected. You said in another post you've already downloaded two cracked pieces of software. No doubt you go around downloading any rubbish off the Internet and run every .exe file you see that tells you it's going to give you free software. Please do not do this it affects all of us when you do - not just your PC. There are a number of trusted free & shareware antivirus products out there. I suggest you install a legitimate one other than a "cracked version" of Norton. mIRC is not putting any trojans or spyware on your computer unless you use it for the purpose of downloading. But that is you doing that, not mIRC.

Thus far, the way you have behaved on this forum is unacceptable. Your private message contains further info.

Regards,
Posted By: Bootmaster Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:29 PM
My Computer is not effected but i was just wondering because ot the Netspy Trojan horse"blocked communication local address: All local network adapters(1024).Process name is"C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe Since it said it was mIRC and i am not the only one that recieved that report and i do have a legal copy of norton and it stoped whatever it was trying to get throught with mIRC so what is it u may be able to help me with that
Posted By: Mentality Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:37 PM
Your post makes no sense. You seem to be saying that you are getting that message, and yet you're not infected? And in your other post, you said you had a cracked version of Norton?

It doesn't help when you do not specify WHO is getting that message, WHAT is giving you that message, and WHY you are bringing it up on this forum if you're not receiving it. If YOU are getting that message, the chances are you're infected.

* Mentality shrugs

I gave you a link to a thread with numerous antiviruses in my above post, I suggest you download those, scan you computer (with every other program closed), and make sure you're not infected. If it's a friend receiving that message then I suggest you give them the link to the Antivirus sticky thread I gave to you.

If none of that covers what you want you will need to elaborate on the issue.

Regards,
Posted By: tidy_trax Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:41 PM
It is a chat client, what people use it for is a different story though.
Posted By: Bootmaster Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:44 PM
I was trying to find a cracked virson of norton firewall and I did not get the message until i try to connect to mIRC i never downloaded any thing with mIRC and dont download much thats the only reason i wanted that norton firewall cracked because of the trojan report i get every time i connect to mIRC i dont even know how to download with mIRC yet
Posted By: Mentality Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:47 PM
Your best bet then is to steer clear and stop looking for a cracked version of Norton Firewall.

If you're getting that message when you run/connect mIRC, then it's highly likely you're already infected with something - so see the advice given above, re: scanning your computer with antiviruses in the aforementioned sticky thread.

Regards,
Posted By: Bootmaster Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:47 PM
I am not mad or any thing but y does mIRC have it to where you can download but they dont support u doing it
Posted By: tidy_trax Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:49 PM
DCC is intended to improve the chatting experience (Ie, to send someone a photo of yourself), not the download music, cracked software, etc.
Posted By: Mentality Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:50 PM
mIRC has a DCC feature that is intended for transferring files between friends or a group of friends. People now use it in a negative way and over time have given mIRC the reputation of a file sharing client. The number of people that use it in such a way though is irrelevant, that doesn't make it a file sharing client, and nor will it ever be one. Nor will we ever support it here, the official mIRC message board.

For the second time, please see this.

Regards,
Posted By: Bootmaster Re: Lamn mIRC - 09/03/05 08:57 PM
Thank you for your help and the trojan report does not come up any more i scaned the mirc file and it removed it from it so how could it have gotten there i just redid my pc and downloaded nothing but all windows upgrades xp_2 and norton live update .mIRC was the first thing and only thing i downloaded and i never got that message untill i ran mIRC
Posted By: DaveC Re: Lamn mIRC - 11/03/05 09:20 PM
just go ALT-O/connect/options/advanced
First:5001
Last:6000
tick:use random ports

10 to 1 bet you had 1024 in the FIRST: value and did not have random ports ticked, so a send to u was using 1024 to inti the send and the other PC simply sent a file, and your firewall said, "oh look something cioming in port 1024 well thats kinda like this, so heck lets block it!"

Why do I think this? Becuase mine does it on any new mirc folder I make, until I remeber to go in and change the setting.
Posted By: darkjedi Re: Lamn mIRC - 11/03/05 11:54 PM
Hmmm im a pirate, i download stuff all the time, but gotta warn you bootmaster, get a legal copy of norton. Trust me on this one, i wont ever download norton again. I did a few years ago and it was cracked and kept telling me that there were no virus's on my computer, but i was going to college for computer support and knew what was happening. I bought Norton, and it found about 60 or so virus's on my system. And after almost 10 years of using Mirc, i have finally paid for it. laugh
© mIRC Discussion Forums