mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Godlike How to change colors for nicks.... - 25/01/05 10:34 PM
amm... i would like for @ and & to have red, then +v to have green others to have gray color in nicklist is this possible ?
Posted By: JoeDaddy Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 25/01/05 10:38 PM
6th button from the left on the toolbar .. colors tab.
Posted By: Godlike Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 25/01/05 10:42 PM
hmm where to specify which color @ should have and diffrent color for +v, i can only set same color for all ??
Posted By: JoeDaddy Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 25/01/05 10:49 PM
click the ADD button .. pick a color .. check the box next
to 'channel modes' .. add which mode(s) you want in the
box below that.

Edit: If you want a different color for each
mode, add a new entry for each mode.
Posted By: Godlike Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 25/01/05 10:55 PM
I don`t have no ADD button nowhere on the colors....
just a NEW button which adds a new mirc color scheme. frown
Posted By: JoeDaddy Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 25/01/05 10:56 PM
Not there .. close that and type /abook
then go to the colors tab
Posted By: Godlike Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 25/01/05 11:01 PM
smile works fine

thx
Posted By: lensky Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 01/02/05 08:09 PM
Another question:
Nick colors in the address book work just fine, but only if mirc knows the host of of the user, like if he joins the channel, or if you whois him
but if i join channel and the person is already there than i have too whois every body to hightlight them...
is there a way to make mirc automaticly whois everybody on join?
Posted By: landonsandor Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 02/02/05 05:04 PM
while it COULD get you flooded off on llarger rooms/networks:

on !*:join:#://whois $nick $nick

the ! means everybody but you. Also, you could try this (which is more likely the issue):

on me:*:join:#://who #

That will fill the Internal Address List with people's addresses WITHOUT having to /whois them all individually (those currently in the room you just joined)
Posted By: JAFO Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 02/02/05 05:08 PM
Would a simple /who $nick on join still run that risk of flooding off of a large channel? And would it still serve the same function of the whois?
Posted By: lensky Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 02/02/05 07:02 PM
on me:*:join:#://who #
works just fine, and should not cause flood, so thank you guys, this forum is wounderful, its not usual to get such helpful and quick response:)
Posted By: landonsandor Re: How to change colors for nicks.... - 03/02/05 05:46 PM
Testing out out on myself by using //who $me, it actually showed my address (both in a channel and not in one) so I suppose you COULD do that and it would return a lot less info than the /whois reply (only if your network supports it). However, if you wanted a channel listing, then /who $nickname wouldnt work cause it does not show a channel listing like the /whois $nick reply. Hope this all made sence smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums