mIRC Homepage
Kaspersky antivirus is NOW detecting mirc32 6.16 as a riskware virus and will auto block access to the program. Any ideas why its detecting it as riskware?
Are you running any scripts? Have you tried scanning with TREND MICRO to see if it picks anything up? how about any of the other scanners listed on the sticky thread?
its the exe which is being detected as RISKWARE!
Try uninstall your mIRC and install again from here
Funnily enough, a friend of mine on Saturday said that mIRC was being detected as spyware on their computer, and it was the one that they downloaded from mirc.com - if you are downloading it from mirc.com, try uninstalling the one you got and download from a different location.

If it STILL detects it as spyware (or whatever riskware is), then I should imagine it's a false positive. If not, then for some reason Kerspersky doesn't like mIRC, but mIRC is still perfectly safe to run.

Regards,
re-install wont work. mirc.exe is classed as riskware!!!! that means the installer and the exec program.
I Have the same Problem with Kaspersky and there comes the message: not-a-virus:RiskWare.mIRC.6.16

I uninstalled the program serverall times and there comes allways the same message. Also with modifications like gamers.irc the alert ist shown.

Any idea to solve this problem?
i had this problem as well, though only after i configured
the updater to get the 'extended databases'.

after i set it back to 'standard databases', mirc was no
longer suspected of anything nefarious.
© mIRC Discussion Forums