mIRC Homepage
Posted By: synth7 changing color code - 22/08/04 05:54 PM
On my old PC, the little symbol thing for a color cold, bold code, etc was an "L" shaped thing, one of them was upside down though. However, on this PC, looking at my scripts, both of them (the "normal" and "upside down" L thing) are just a box....so it's hard for me to tell which is which....I was wondering if there was a way to edit what symbol the font uses as the color code....
Posted By: sparta Re: changing color code - 22/08/04 06:00 PM
the normal is that it look like a box as u said, the other are font errors.. so thats why it look the way it does
Code:

but if you like you cah change the color code for a $chr() instead..
$chr(3) $+ 4 <<-- that gives you the color red.. change the number 4 to the number u want as the color.. $+ only makes the 4 get closer to $chr(3), cos $chr(3)4 wouldent work..
$chr(2) <<-- that gives you bold
Posted By: Kelder Re: changing color code - 22/08/04 08:15 PM
The way characters are represented depends on the used font. The boxes you see now are the standard "there's no character defined for this code, so here's a box." The font you used before, however, did define those characters, and showed them as some L type thingie.

If you want those back, you'll have to find out what font you used back then and use it again...
Posted By: MTec89 Re: changing color code - 22/08/04 09:11 PM
Posted By: synth7 Re: changing color code - 23/08/04 12:24 AM
I'm talking the scripts editor here.

I know for a fact that on my old PC, it was the default Courier New font was used in Scripts editor....I even just switched it to Fixedsys, it's got dark, filled-in boxes instead of the empty boxes (just a border of a box) in all my other fonts...
© mIRC Discussion Forums