mIRC Homepage
Posted By: ribblies disable voice talk thing? - 01/08/04 11:46 PM
my GOD, I cannot understand how this can be so hard.. does anyone know how to stop it informing you with "download started" or "download failed" etc? I have disabled/unchecked everything i can see for sounds.. set everything to either no ticks to use sound, or set things to no sound.. there just seems no option for 'use agent' yes/no, and it's irritating the hell out of me.
Can any of you bright sparks help?
Posted By: Mentality Re: disable voice talk thing? - 01/08/04 11:51 PM
If an agent is activating when a DCC is activating then you must have Agents enabled to do so...

ALT+O > Sounds > Agents

Under 'Enable agents for:' uncheck 'Other events', and the other two boxes if they're checked. Alternatively, if you want them enabled for other events except for DCC Sends/Gets, then click on the [Events..] button and then uncheck the box 'Sends/Gets'.

You could unload any Agents you have loaded too.

Regards,
Posted By: ribblies Re: disable voice talk thing? - 02/08/04 12:12 PM
None of the boxes are checked for 'Enable Agent For:', and I did have none checked in the 'events' options too, but I tried enabling some apart from Sends/Gets.. I still get the annoying voice talking to me. Any other suggestions? frown
The only agent I know I have, is merlin.acs which came with windows I believe? I would like to keep it incase a future app needs it, but if this can't be sorted, I'll delete it mad
Thanks for your help.
Posted By: Mentality Re: disable voice talk thing? - 02/08/04 12:55 PM
Are you sure you have an Agent loaded and it's an Agent speaking? What does //echo -a $agent(0) return? Do you have any other voice-chat/voice-orientated programs installed other than Agents?

You might try /gunload merlin too, see if that helps.

Regards,
Posted By: ribblies Re: disable voice talk thing? - 02/08/04 01:03 PM
The echo command doesn't give me anything audible and doesn't seem to do anything else.. /gunload merlin didn't seem to do anything either.
as far as I'm aware I have nothing else installed that has anything to do with voice.. It's a female sounding voice btw. I have no idea where from or why it's talking. grr >:|
Posted By: Mentality Re: disable voice talk thing? - 02/08/04 01:35 PM
The /echo command is not supposed to return anything audible, you need to type it in a window in mIRC and it should return a number. The number is how many agents you have available (loaded) - if you have no agents loaded it'll return '0'. It is a 'zero' not an 'oh'.

I thought by default Agents have a male voice...weird problem :P

Regards,
Posted By: Ddan Re: disable voice talk thing? - 02/08/04 02:13 PM
Are you using any remote scripts?

Perhaps it is a simple *.wav file that is playing due to a script you have installed?

Have you tried a clean install of mIRC to see if that does it too?
Posted By: ribblies Re: disable voice talk thing? - 02/08/04 02:31 PM
Sorted it, found sound files from an old irc version being used with some scripts, even though i'd upgraded and removed the old one.. they're deleted now and it seems to have solved the problem. Strange how they only started being audible when i got the new mIRC version though.
Thanks for the time & help, both of you. smile
© mIRC Discussion Forums