mIRC Homepage
Posted By: dim0rph1sm mIRC Problem - Things not showing up - 26/07/04 03:51 AM
I've been having a problem with my mIRC where things do not show up properly. When I join channels, greetings do not fully show up, only the first line does, or when I access myself, it does not show the full line and it also happens with other IRC commands and such.

Here are examples:

<pV-dim0rph1sm`> !access
-ChanServ- pV-dim0rph1sm` (dim0rph1sm) has access
-ChanServ- [pV-dim0rph1sm`] [

It does not show the rest of the access line and the bottom thing is my setinfo which also doesnt show up at all either.

Here's an example of the greeting:

-ChanServ- (#lanferno) Welcome to LANferno please

It should have about 2 more lines after that but they don't show up at all.

I used to use mIRC 6.03 and that's when the problem started occurring RANDOMLY.. so I tried uninstalling and reinstalling and that didn't work, I've also tried uninstalling and deleting the files then I have tried different mIRC versions and I'm currently using the newest one 6.16, they all have the same problem which I can't figure out how to fix.

Please reply if you have heard of this before or basically just know how to fix it, thanks.
Posted By: YounGun Re: mIRC Problem - Things not showing up - 26/07/04 06:08 AM
If you are running a script, then it's possible for it to have a very strict private flooding rule: 2 lines in 2 seconds will get the host sending you the message ignored. (just an example) It might set a *temp* ignore, that will obviously block the remaining part of the message.
Posted By: dim0rph1sm Re: mIRC Problem - Things not showing up - 27/07/04 01:28 AM
Hey again. I'm not currently running any mIRC script. I tried installing NoName Script before to see if it would fix my problems but it didn't so I uninstalled it and I still have the same problems. I don't think it's any protection type thing because the only thing I have on is "Enable Flood Protection" and I've had that on forever too even before I had this problem.

Also I heard from someone you need a bunch of commands in order to fix my problem. Here's what he said:
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> type
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> without .
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> .$MELINES0
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> what
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> its hard to explain
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> ;x ask support
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> what does that do
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> $MELINES0
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> doesnt work
-----------------------------------------
<pV-dim0rph1sm`> what did you do to fix it?
<[SD]juvenile_showeR> support. they gave me a few commands, I forgot them thought..

I tried asking #support on GameSurge but they had no idea either. I'm still trying to fix this problem so if you have any idea just reply, thanks for all your help.
Posted By: Online Re: mIRC Problem - Things not showing up - 27/07/04 01:44 AM
Before you connect, type /debug -p @@ and leave the @@ window open while you're chatting.

The next time you see half a message, check the window. If it has the full message then it's either a bad script or a weird behavior of mIRC that distorts the display. Otherwise, something is wrong with your connection (probably a router/bnc/proxy issue.)
© mIRC Discussion Forums