mIRC Homepage
Posted By: matteh117 Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 02:18 PM
Is there a way to make your text one color ALL the time, instead of [ctrl+k] ?
Posted By: NightCrawler8283 Re: Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 04:38 PM
look in mirc... the icons up by the titlebar. a picture of what looks like crayons. click it

a window should open up. just mess around with that. not only can u default specific colors for ur chat text. but you can customize the background colors. and events among a bunch of other cool stuff grin
Posted By: tsoglanos Re: Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 04:51 PM
what night says dont realy change your colors it is just the font color you see your ohwn text and no one else can see it.

i think it is only posibel via scripting

here is a quick code the pick random colors with backrounds

Code:

on *:INPUT:*:if ($left($1,1) != $chr(47)) { say $replace($1-,$1-,$+($chr(3),$rand(1,15),$chr(44),$rand(6,9),$1-)) | halt }

Posted By: ScoT Re: Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 04:54 PM
tso, you may need to adjust that code some as at some point it will play the same 2 foreground/background colors that will be unreadable unless dragged

ScoT
#mIRC Undernet
Posted By: tsoglanos Re: Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 05:02 PM
Hi, scoty I am mr.spook

it is just an explain smile , of course you are all free to change $rand(6,9)
and $rand(1,15) to wahtever you want , you could aso add standart colors or even %variables with the colors you wish smile
Posted By: NightCrawler8283 Re: Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 05:04 PM
I am a fool. :tongue: i should have read it more closely.

thank you for the difference in perspective smile
Posted By: Mentality Re: Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 05:05 PM
Please note, writing in constant colour is annoying and will get you banned from almost every channel in existence. People don't mind (usually) the odd colour or two, but continuous typing in solid colour is considered 'lame'. It can also conflict with what other people have set as their background image/colour. Random colours would be even worse.

Nightcrawler's suggestion is preferable as the ALT+K dialog changes the colour of your text (and other areas) so that only YOU can see it (which is surely the most important thing) and at the same time it won't bother other people.

Do note also that writing in colours with an ON INPUT event will prevent you from speaking in certain channels due to a popular +c (no colours) mode that exists on some networks. Use at your own risk.

Regards,
Posted By: tsoglanos Re: Automatic coloured text.. - 03/07/04 05:14 PM
Good point mentos, i argge

of course you can use this script in specify channel

Code:

on *:INPUT:#coba:if ($left($1,1) != $chr(47)) { say $replace($1-,$1-,$+($chr(3),$rand(1,15),$chr(44),$rand(6,9),$1-)) | halt }

this would on writen in colors on channel #coba
you can also add multi channels
on *:INPUT:#coba,#mIRC,#khaledZone:
© mIRC Discussion Forums