mIRC Homepage
Posted By: raul123 Can I hide/disable the posting window? - 17/06/04 02:49 PM
Please can anyone help?

I need to disble the posting window in mirc so I dont accidentially make a post without knowing it, and/or allow others to post in my absence in my office. I am forever posting "stuff" that has nothing to do with the rooms i am in so to avoid this the best way maybe to switch the function off from time to time.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Raul
Posted By: Online Re: Can I hide/disable the posting window? - 17/06/04 04:46 PM
I'm not sure what you're trying to avoid. Can you please clarify, and give an example?
maybe your looking for the "lock" feature?
alt+o / other / lock
for a description and use of the feature:
/help lock

hope it helps- cheers
Posted By: raul123 Re: Can I hide/disable the posting window? - 17/06/04 05:01 PM
Hi,
If you have a mirc window open with the chat listed as normal. Then at the bottom of the chat window you have the line with the cursor flashing where you type your message ready for posting.

Its this line with the cursor flashing I want to disable so no posts can be made, either deliberately or in error. For example if i have multiple applications open on my pc, I maybe using the web and type in a search item and the text appears in the mirc chat window because I did not close the mirc window and click the cursor on my new application.

Hope that makes sense,

Thanks for trying!

Regards
Posted By: raul123 Re: Can I hide/disable the posting window? - 17/06/04 05:15 PM
Thanks for the post.

After reading the help page on lock I guess I'm trying to turn off access to the public chat. Is this possible?

Thanks
Posted By: raul123 Re: Can I hide/disable the posting window? - 17/06/04 05:16 PM
Also, I still want to be able and recieve and read new posts just not make any myself.

Cheers
Posted By: Online Re: Can I hide/disable the posting window? - 17/06/04 05:38 PM
I see what you mean. Open your mIRC Script Editor (ALT+R) and enter the following:
  • alias F1 .enable #quiet | echo 10 -gta * Editbox text is now blocked.
    alias F2 .disable #quiet | echo 10 -gta * Editbox text is now allowed.
    #quiet on
    On *:input:*: if /* !iswm $1 { echo 4 -gta * You can't message this window. | halt }
    #quiet end
This will allow you to control your editbox mode with the F1 and F2 keys.

Also - you can lock the application while it is minimized, so that people who stop by your computer will not be able to restore its window unless they know the password you've set. To do that, hold Ctrl pressed while you click the "minimize" button.

Hope that helps laugh
Posted By: raul123 Re: Can I hide/disable the posting window? - 17/06/04 06:02 PM
What can I say! You are a genius.

Your time is much appreciated.

Many many thanks,

Regards

Raul
© mIRC Discussion Forums