mIRC Homepage
Posted By: romVsen How to make MIRC to not overwriting ... - 25/03/04 09:12 PM
downloaded file? I wrrote a script that looking for user to be online to send him cttp command. I set "resume " option.

Suppose, I get the file. But script is still working... User is offline and then online again. It seems that MIRC attamting to overwrite already downloaded file in that case.
Am I right?

If your mIRC DCC options are set the auto-accept the file and resume when it's already there, mIRC will resume and not overwrite. A script could override this, but we wouldn't know about your script doing or not doing so.
Posted By: romVsen Re: How to make MIRC to not overwriting ... - 26/03/04 11:05 AM

Wow! Nice (both reply and picture :-) )!

Well, the script is really simple one

I did the following:
1. In “Perform on connection” I type
/ctcp <USER NAME HERE> xdcc send #<NUMBER HERE>

2.. In “Remotes” I type
on 1:JOIN:#:{
if ( <USER NAME HERE> isin $nick) /ctcp <USER NAME HERE> xdcc send #<NUMBER HERE>
}

I have feelings that MIRC does overwriting because when I start MIRC (the file in question is already downloaded!) I see dialog window where MIRC trying to resume AND PROGRESS BAR IS QUICKLY RUNNING FROM BEGINNING TO THE END.
The file is really small so I can’t understand what’s happening: just file identification to make MIRC’s mind is resume needed or MIRC really downloads it again.

Roman
© mIRC Discussion Forums