mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Skippy742 Serious Problem - 09/03/04 09:40 PM
I need help!

whatever files I down from mIRC into my c:\mirc\download works. But whenever I move it into another directory, it don't work. Even worse, it gives me an error message saying "Disk is full or file is currently in use". So I couldn't even delete it if I tried. Here are my program spec. please help.

miRC v6.13
Sysreset
Windows XP Pro.
GeForce 3 Ti200
Athlon XP 1700
Posted By: Dizkonnekted Re: Serious Problem - 09/03/04 10:29 PM
Hi Skippy742,

In windows XP the only reason you would see this error is if you were tryig to open a file before it has finished downloading, or if indeed you had not enough room on your hard drive to allow the file to open.

Check your hard drive space just to be sure, although you should get a notice when you are running low on diskspace!

I doubt very much if it has anything to do with mIRC per say. (Unless there is a bug in 6.13 that when you move from the default download directory it keeps a process alive or something!) One way to check this would be to close mIRC when the download completes, log off then back on and see if you can open the file then.

As a matter of interest, how soon after the download completes are you trying to open the file?

Regards,
Diz
Posted By: Skippy742 Re: Serious Problem - 09/03/04 10:38 PM
Thanks for your reply, Dizkonnekted

I've been using mIRC for 3 years now and I never ran into this problem.
As a reply to your statement. The file is complete after I've moved it. Also, I've got 20 GB free.
Errors only apply after I have moved it from its default directory. I've tried shutting down mIRC and moving it, that didn't work... still same problem. =(
Posted By: copericus Re: Serious Problem - 10/03/04 07:47 AM
v6.13? hmmm unless I missed something it dont exist
Posted By: Mentality Re: Serious Problem - 10/03/04 08:07 AM
Quote:
miRC v6.13

As the above says, there is no mIRC 6.13. If you have installed an mIRC 6.13 (and it's not just a typo) then that is a virus. See this thread. Also, make sure you only EVER get mIRC from http://www.mirc.com/get.html - any other page is NOT official.

If it definitely is 6.13 you downloaded and installed, then it's a virus which must be cleaned immediately. See this post and also http://www.mirc.co.uk/help/virus.html for further assistance.

Quote:
Sysreset

There are known problems with SysReset and mIRC versions 6.12, and possibly 6.14 too. As far as I have seen the problem is that it causes DCC issues, but it could also be the cause of your problem too. Try uninstalling that script and seeing if that helps.

You may also want to make sure you have all the most current Windows updates and clean out whatever folder you're saving the files to.

G'luck!

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums