mIRC Homepage
Posted By: athene query welcome message - 24/02/04 09:30 PM
A feature in mirc that perhaps not everybody knows of, is to send people a "welcome message" when they open a query with you.
I did that a while ago, and now I want to change that message. But I cant seem to recall how I did it.. Does anyone know?
Posted By: Skip Re: query welcome message - 24/02/04 09:34 PM
You can do this with a script:

Code:
on *:open:?:{ msg $nick message goes here. }

Hope that helps. smile
Posted By: athene Re: query welcome message - 25/02/04 12:10 AM
thats not the way I did it before tho, and I dont know how to script things like how long Ive been away and away msg, which is already part of my current "welcome message". I know there's an easier way to do it than scripting.
Thanks for the suggestion tho:)
Posted By: Iori Re: query welcome message - 25/02/04 12:27 AM
There is no "Welcome message" that is not scripted, nor is there any "how long Ive been away and away msg" that isn't scripted.
Posted By: athene Re: query welcome message - 25/02/04 01:19 AM
well it depends how you define "scriptet":p What I mean is that I dont know how to script it, so it has to be part of mirc or the PnP script or something.. I dont remember what version of mirc I had at the time I set the "welcome message" or if I had any PnP script installed.
Posted By: Iori Re: query welcome message - 25/02/04 06:23 AM
Ah yes. "part of mirc or the PnP script" :[/b])
As for how to change that scripts settings, I have no idea sorry. Maybe someone else who uses PnP will happen to read this and help. I suggest you explore the popup menus (especially the menubar) for the feature. Is there not a readme/help file that might give a clue?
Posted By: athene Re: query welcome message - 25/02/04 12:37 PM
I have already checked every menu in mirc and PnP several times, and theres no help files in PnP other than Whats new and Faq, so Im pretty stuck:\
Posted By: Doqnach Re: query welcome message - 25/02/04 05:09 PM
the options would be in pnp script because mIRC does not support this feature by itself...

but where it would be I don't know because I don't have the script myself
Posted By: athene Re: query welcome message - 26/02/04 12:14 AM
okey thanks for the information
Posted By: Iori Re: query welcome message - 02/03/04 06:09 AM
Well apparently it should be somewhere in "PnP" menu > Configure > Options > Messages.

Posted By: athene Re: query welcome message - 02/03/04 09:23 AM
ive been searching the PnP options several times, I cant find it.. really weird tho, cus if I hadn't seen it somewhere before, I would never know it's possible
Posted By: Iori Re: query welcome message - 03/03/04 07:33 AM
Try typing /config
Posted By: athene Re: query welcome message - 04/03/04 06:36 AM
Ive checked it, I cant find it there
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: query welcome message - 04/03/04 05:51 PM
I'd suggest contacting the ppl who wrote the script. Surely there is some info on contacting them or their website in the script or its readme.txt or help file. If you mean the old Peace&Protection script, seems to me one of the ppl who said they took it over posted here a good while back about it, so use our search feature, set it to "all forums" and expand the date range to "all posts" and use either pnp or peace & proctection as your search term. I do remember some ppl saying it wasnt compatible at the time with later versions of mIRC.
© mIRC Discussion Forums