mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Limerick Another timestamp issue - 17/01/04 07:02 AM
In the middle of regular MIRC activity, MIRC 6.12, I stopped receiving timestamps for channel messages. All other events receive timestamps however. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Example:

[00:39:44] * %Sounds whistles
<%Sounds> awwww
<%Sounds> rod asks where i am first
<%Sounds> lol
[00:40:09] <Limerick> lol

It just doesn't want to highlight other ppl's messages. /me, join, parts, etc. are still timestamped however.
Posted By: Mentality Re: Another timestamp issue - 17/01/04 03:35 PM
Perhaps some sort of script is interfering with it. Type /remote off and then wait for people to talk (if you can't be bothered to wait, just join some huge channel and check out the join/parts).

Secondly, try disabling and re-enabling timestamp. Just use /timestamp off and then /timestamp on.

Finally try running a Search on "timestamp" and see if this has been covered before. Expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' for best results.

Good luck!

Regards,
Posted By: Limerick Re: Another timestamp issue - 18/01/04 06:26 AM
Yes, it was a script issue. I hadn't loaded any scripts in a while, so I dunno why I suddenly had trouble. I traced it to the colors.ini addon of Sysreset (latest version). I have been using it for about a month though without problems. So I'm stymmied. However the color loss is less important than my timestamps, so I'm not really concerned. Thanks a lot!

-Limerick
Posted By: Mentality Re: Another timestamp issue - 18/01/04 01:21 PM
You're most welcome, glad you got it sorted smile

There is a compatibility issue with sysreset and mIRC 6.12. Feel free to run a Search for "sysreset" - Expand to 'All Forums' and expand the date range to 'All Posts' for best results.

Happy chatting!

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums