mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Dyna DCC Get Window - 14/12/03 02:25 AM
Hi,

when i share legal files with my friends, the get window closes automatically after the dl is finished. With earlier version i did not have this problem.
There is no checkmark at "options","on completion" , "close window" "get"...

thx
Posted By: Mentality Re: DCC Get Window - 14/12/03 02:36 AM
Hmm, try typing /remote off and then get a file. If it doesn't close this time, then it's because of a script. If it still closes, try doing a Search. Expand to All Forums and All Posts.

G'luck.

Regards,
Posted By: Dyna Re: DCC Get Window - 14/12/03 02:55 AM
I tried "/remote ?" -> "Remote is off"

Now it works!? confused

thx smile
Posted By: Mentality Re: DCC Get Window - 14/12/03 12:52 PM
You're welcome, glad you got it sorted smile

You must have some sort of script installed which is causing the problem - Type //run $scriptdir and search through those files to see if their file names might hint it would affect the DCC feature (i.e. DCC.mrc or DCCScripts.mrc) - You can double click them to look at the code if you are confident that you may be able to spot the error.

If you have no idea, then I strongly advise you unload all of your remotes - //unload -rs script-name.mrc or alternatively:

ALT+R > File > Unload

The best way would be to find any readme files that might be in your mIRC directory - //run $mircdir - and see if they have unload instructions.

Happy chatting!

Regards,
Posted By: Iori Re: DCC Get Window - 14/12/03 08:45 PM
Um $scriptdir has no special meaning outside of a script. typing "//run $scriptdir" is the same as typing "//run $mircdir" or simply "/run ." wink
Posted By: Dyna Re: DCC Get Window - 14/12/03 11:52 PM
thx for the answers.

The xdccklipper script is the problem...
Posted By: Mentality Re: DCC Get Window - 15/12/03 12:03 AM
Yes, I know - where's the problem? It's the same thing, and if they use those commands they will see that and for the future they will know about those commands....it doesn't misinform them of anything or cause problems *Shrugs*

Thanks though, I never knew about /run . smile

Regards,
© mIRC Discussion Forums