mIRC Homepage
Posted By: fab2000 How to limit bandwith on DCC Send? - 13/12/03 10:34 PM
Hello,
I'm new with Mirc.
Is it possible to limit bandwith on DCC sends?
Actually, when I send a file, It takes all my up bandwith, and i'd like to limit it.
Need help :-)
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: How to limit bandwith on DCC Send? - 13/12/03 10:47 PM
Options > DCC > Fserve .. total max CPS .. experiment with the numbers there .. 0 = disabled
and no, it's not just for fserves .. it just got put there
Posted By: BoredNL Re: How to limit bandwith on DCC Send? - 14/12/03 08:38 AM
yes it is just for fserves, believe it or not. (I know, it seems too crappy to believe, but believe it)

Try setting it to a number lower than you know your available bandwidth and DCC a file to someone. It will go higher than what is set there.

Now setup an fserve and have someone get a file from it. It will follow the speed limit. wink

Since I've used the fserve part of mIRC quite a lot, I know all about this, and it is extremely annoying.
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: How to limit bandwith on DCC Send? - 15/12/03 03:53 AM
well, I do NOT use the Fserve feature of mirc, and it STILL controls the speeds of my sends .. mIRC doesn't know if you're using Fserve or simply typing /dcc send nick.
Posted By: BoredNL Re: How to limit bandwith on DCC Send? - 15/12/03 08:22 AM
It distinguishes between the two for me. It has done this for me for every version for the entire time I've used the program, which is a few years. wink

Go ahead and try what I said to try.

Now, if it is only distinguishing for me, then this would be one crazy bug. wink
Posted By: CtrlAltDel Re: How to limit bandwith on DCC Send? - 15/12/03 11:10 AM
it may go "higher than the number you set" because it's Cps (1k = 1024Cps) .. but it STILL reduces the speed from what's available .. and it changes in real time .. as the send is in progress
© mIRC Discussion Forums