mIRC Homepage
Posted By: LinkOfTime Hi, I need help with Mirc - 21/11/03 11:29 AM
Hey
I have a problem with my Mirc program.
Every time I enter it, it says: "Series problem... it will quit in 60 seconds" and then it actually quits after 60 seconds.
I don't know what the problem. My brother and I have tried to download a new version of Mirc, we even tried another IRC program, Invision, but in all of the programs it was the same.
We really need some help with it, thank you in advance and bye for now...
Posted By: Mentality Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 21/11/03 05:43 PM
I'm no expert, but it sounds like some sort of virus to me. I suggest you try this free antivirus scan thing and download 'AVG' from Grisoft here - it's free. You may also want to download SwatIT which is a trojan removing program. For further info about Trojans see #NoHack's website.

Make sure you also have no scripts loaded which could cause this to happen.

G'luck!

Regards,
Posted By: LightBlueYoshi Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 21/11/03 06:43 PM
Hi i'm LinkOfTime brother i made my own account... anyway I don't think it's a virus... it have a continue to the message and it say something about the script if you want i can write to you the whole message...
Posted By: LightBlueYoshi Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 21/11/03 06:50 PM
Message continue:
Title: SEVERE ERROR!
Message: A serious error has occured during script boot. Invision will not function correctly under this condition and therefor will be forced to shutdown in 60 seconds.
Please scroll throught the Status Window Text and try and locate the error. Errors by default will appear in green type and be preceded by *. If you need help solving the problem please contact Invision Support at [email]invision@lebyte.com.[/email]
Posted By: ParaBrat Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 21/11/03 08:57 PM
We have nothing to do with invision, you will need to contact them. Better yet, uninstall and start over with a clean copy of mIRC from www.mirc.com/get.html
Posted By: LightBlueYoshi Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 23/11/03 06:01 PM
Oh i tought Invinsion is another version of mirc... anyway mirc don't work ether...
Posted By: Collective Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 23/11/03 06:05 PM
What error does mIRC give? It can't be the same one.
Posted By: LightBlueYoshi Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 24/11/03 08:56 PM
when i wrote the error it wrote me i already used mirc... if you want i can write the error that invinsion write to me too but i'm almost sure it's the same error
Posted By: Collective Re: Hi, I need help with Mirc - 24/11/03 09:15 PM
If you're still getting the error you posted above then you are still using invision. Completely uninstall mIRC and install a fresh copy.
© mIRC Discussion Forums