mIRC Homepage
Posted By: Kojak mIRC 6.03 memory problem - 10/01/03 10:14 PM
Hello! I've been using mIRC for quite some time (since around 1995, but that's neither here nor there) and I've been getting a problem I haven't experienced with any of the previous versions of mIRC. I'm running v6.03, and if I stay connected to a server for any appreciable length of time, the amount of memory that mIRC uses steadily increases, up to the point if it's been up for a few days, it's using up almost 100 megs of memory! When it starts being a hog like that, it also bogs down quite a bit, taking a while to switch between windows, close windows, etc.
By the way, the OS I'm using is Windows 2000 Professional and the mIRC executable is called mirc.exe (isn't there a mirc32.exe?).
Thanks in advance!
Posted By: Watchdog Re: mIRC 6.03 memory problem - 10/01/03 10:35 PM
Yes, the name changed to mirc.exe because there's now no longer a new 16 bit version.

I get the same memory leak and I believe it is due to hash tables because I do run a copy of mIRC for a bot (with no hash tables) yet it seems to be okay. Mind you the differnce between the two is many dozens of megabytes. The bot peaks at about 8MB averaging 4 - 5 while a script I use can chew up like 182MB!! on the odd occasion.
Posted By: Kojak Re: mIRC 6.03 memory problem - 10/01/03 10:47 PM
Interesting.
I'm glad (well, maybe not glad other people are having the same problem, just relieved I'm not imagining it) to know that I'm not the only one with the problem.
So what solution would you recommend? I have no idea about what hash tables are, or how to remove them, but I'm always willing to learn. smile
Thanks for replying, by the way!
Posted By: Watchdog Re: mIRC 6.03 memory problem - 10/01/03 10:48 PM
The only solution I can think of is wait for the next version. It shouldn't be too long before it's released.
Posted By: CompMan86 Re: mIRC 6.03 memory problem - 02/02/03 04:58 PM
I have the same exact problem. mIRC keeps using more and more memory when I'm connected for a while. I hope this is fixed soon. A new mIRC version hasn't been released for like 8 months =\
© mIRC Discussion Forums