mIRC Homepage
Posted By: trenzterra Question about registering? - 15/10/03 07:09 AM
I popped the question about registering to my mum today, she said she considered, but when I said that I needed a CC, she said she did not have one...

Is there any other way without CC to register? I don't have any USD, since I'm not in the US
Posted By: Poppy Re: Question about registering? - 15/10/03 07:11 AM
You can register by post with a money order. Have a look here for more info. smile
Posted By: trenzterra Re: Question about registering? - 15/10/03 07:13 AM
As I said earlier, I don't have any USD frown
Posted By: Krejt Re: Question about registering? - 15/10/03 08:15 AM
You do not need US$'s. Simply pay by check, you can easily mark it to denote that the amount of money has to be paid in US$'s. There usually is space for a currency sign like USD i\on a check. Your bank will take care of all hassle and charge you in your local currency. But make sure to ask them first what they will charge for their work!

Alternatively go to a bank or post office and get an international 'money order'. This will be made out in U.S. dollars, and all banks should be able to give you an international money order for this. You'll be able to pay in your local currency.
Posted By: trenzterra Re: Question about registering? - 15/10/03 09:03 AM
Hmm my mum might borrow someone's CC to use, so its cheaper that way. There's no additional cost using CC, right? I might consider cheque, but only as a last resort...

I can pay $10 instead of $20 right? My mum would surely refuse to pay if it costs $20 frown She's considering paying the $10.
Posted By: Krejt Re: Question about registering? - 15/10/03 10:05 AM
Yup, using a Credit Card might be cheaper! And, sure, as you can see on the registration page you can decide to pay US$ 10 if you can afford that better :-) Succes!
Posted By: tontito Re: Question about registering? - 15/10/03 11:09 AM
isn't there an option to pay in €?
we are almost all in Europe right?
smile
Posted By: Zmodem Re: Question about registering? - 16/10/03 06:45 AM
Wrong, but thanks for asking! :-D
Posted By: trenzterra Re: Question about registering? - 16/10/03 11:01 PM
Hmm I think my mother will buy it as a birthday present for me, my birthday is in late december, but khaled+krejt won't mind, will they?
Posted By: pheonix Re: Question about registering? - 17/10/03 12:26 AM
ask them, although registering then is better than never >.<
Posted By: trenzterra Re: Question about registering? - 17/10/03 02:56 AM
Also, can someone help me with words... My mother still thinks that mirc is freeware and if you don't register, its only a nag screen. She thinks 10$ is too much just to remove that nag screen...
Posted By: lonesome Re: Question about registering? - 17/10/03 04:03 AM
Well, you can always offer to pay that yourself.. $10 ain't much to shell out yar? grin
Posted By: Iori Re: Question about registering? - 17/10/03 05:45 AM
Show her the License agreement. [/b]/help License Agreement[/b] where it clearly says mIRC is shareware and registration is required after 30 days.
Posted By: trenzterra Re: Question about registering? - 17/10/03 07:05 AM
Actually she doesn't even know what's shareware.

I would like to shell out the $ myself but I'm too young, have no CC, have no cheques, have no USD.
Posted By: Iori Re: Question about registering? - 17/10/03 07:09 AM
Well, "shareware" is also defined in the first paragraph of /help license agreement. smile
Posted By: pheonix Re: Question about registering? - 17/10/03 06:21 PM
same for me, accept my parents dont have a credit card either.
the only way i can think of getting the money to him would be either by sending the money in an envelope with my email address or taking it to him personally ;\.
Posted By: Raccoon Re: Question about registering? - 18/10/03 02:45 AM
Quote:
Also, can someone help me with words...

You can try some of these...

"Mom, if I don't register, it's like stealing. Did you raise a theif?"

"Mom, it's not just the nag screen I want to get rid of, but my nagging conscience aswell."

"Mom, this guy only wants a measly Twenty Dollars to show for his 8½ years of hard work speant on a program that I thoroughly enjoy and spend countless hours using. He even offers a $10 option for those who are less than financially prepared. Last night's dinner cost more than that!"

"Mom, I know that I download songs and a lot of other programs illegally, but mIRC is different to me. The author donates a lot of it to charities like the Red Cross. This is something I want to be a part of."

- Raccoon
© mIRC Discussion Forums