mIRC Homepage
Posted By: KoRn18 info - 30/08/03 03:56 AM
this so doesnt roll with me.
i need edit boxes :tongue:

[edit]
btw dont mind me, im just stating the things i would like to see changable or changed back
Posted By: _D3m0n_ Re: info - 30/08/03 04:05 AM
i personally dont care to have edit boxes when u cant change things ... but to be able to read the full version reply from ppl would be nicer than only being able to see a small cross section of the output ... and that damn connect button is kinda stupid to have there in my opinion. its rather dumb there. guess i just didnt notice it even being there in previous versions cause i dont use that info box.
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: info - 30/08/03 11:24 AM
Why should it be an editbox? It's not stuff thats editable anyway. The buttons to the right provide all the things you'd need an editbox to do.
Posted By: KoRn18 Re: info - 30/08/03 01:26 PM
because editboxes made it look better
Posted By: Watchdog Re: info - 30/08/03 01:49 PM
Whether it looks better or not is a matter of personal opinion.If the editboxes in previous versions were not editable then the dialogue is no less functional without them.
Posted By: Mentality Re: info - 30/08/03 03:09 PM
I like the way the hostname is scribbled out, but the channel/network isn't smile

And btw, I agree with everything stated above - it's not editable information, so why the edit boxes? Edit boxes making it look better is completely subjective.

Another pointless moan, but it is 'General Discussion' I guess :-)

Regards,

Posted By: codemastr Re: info - 30/08/03 04:01 PM
Yeah, but again, why fix something that isn't broken? Did you ever hear anyone complaining that the editboxes were bad and should be removed? I never did.
Posted By: starbucks_mafia Re: info - 30/08/03 04:30 PM
I didn't particularly like them, editboxes should be for editing things IMO. I never bothered mentioning it because as far as I'm concerned a teeny-tiny graphical issue like that isn't worth mentioning. After seeing the 200-odd posts each new release crying about a changed icon or a pixel out of place it's pretty clear to me that other people don't feel the same.
Posted By: Watchdog Re: info - 30/08/03 04:39 PM
Edit boxes were removed from the 'About' dialogue ages ago, perhaps this may be an act of consistency on Khaled's part. grin
Posted By: KoRn18 Re: info - 30/08/03 06:07 PM
Quote:

I like the way the hostname is scribbled out, but the channel/network isn't

i was protecting someone else privacy, and take the rest of what you said however you wish, but the truth is... i didnt pay much attention to the fact that the server and channel are there
Posted By: FunChatter Re: info - 30/08/03 07:29 PM
I prefer it as it is now laugh
Posted By: codemastr Re: info - 30/08/03 07:31 PM
I'd say that it does need a group box around the information, it is just too plain now.
© mIRC Discussion Forums